Chit Chat
Options

Positive vibes/discussion only

Hello all! I hope you are all having a beautiful weekend. I am just catching up and since its been tense I wanted to start a happy thread. 

At first, like many of you, I was bummed that TK had decided that they had absolute power and could ban whoever they wanted for no real reason. And I found it suspicious that they banned Ashley, who I thought was a national treasure, very shortly after she called out the knot gods and some mods, and found it weird that they made it so her TOS thread can't be bumped to the top. But then I had a very nice chat with the founder of the Knot and after I woke up (I blacked out for a little bit after I entered this weird room with a lot of machines but its fine everything is fine, everything is fine, everything is fine) I thought it was just splendid and that this place should be a place of HAPPINESS ONLY, and a place where WE SUPPORT OTHER BRIDES. Because its about weddings, and wedding are your day and just so full of joy and specialness. So to make sure we all get to stay I thought we should brainstorm acceptable chit chat topics so no one else has to be factionless. To start I propose: 

- Why your husband/FH is the best (I know some people don't have husbands but Id really like everything to be the same, everything perfectly the same, so please don't join these threads if you don't have one)
-What are you cooking your family for dinner? 
-What puppy gif has made you happiest today? 
-What have you done to make your H happy today? 
-How have you contributed an air of positivity to TK today? 

I think we should make a master list and stick to those discussions only so we know exactly where we stand and don't have to ever leave this beautiful town. Thank you all so much for listening to me and I just want to repeat that this is a very Positive Post and there is nothing negative in it, everything is positive, everything is fine. 

Mrs. Frances

Re: Positive vibes/discussion only

• Options
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    (Removed for TOS violation)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Why Fran, it was just ever so nice of you to remind us what a positive, ladylike group of dedicated wives we can be.

- My husband is the best, most wonderful husband because he lets me share a bed with him, and sometimes he cleans his stubble out of the sink.

- Tonight my husband will be away at an artist lecture, where he will be fed a lovely dinner, but that doesn't mean I can't have brownies waiting for him when he gets home. And a martini, just how he likes it.
    - I do believe this is my favorite puppy GIF, because the puppy has such excellent manners!

- Today I held in all my bathroom emissions until AFTER my husband left the house. 
    - By sharing this lovely cake recipe:
    Sassy Cake (pistachio and honey with buttercream)

What a delightful mannered doggy! Thank you for getting on board with the new chit chat. Unfortunately I read your comment on the TOS post (which the admins are trying to sink so please NO ONE GO LOOK) and it was not as polite and happy as I thought since we made clear we are trying to be a more supportive place. In that vein I don't think we should say the name that begins with A anymore because I don't think she was the most positive person and we need to be positive always positive always smiling always happy happy happy happy happy. She had a lot of ideas and seemed a little too smart if you ask me and I found that you are much happier if you think less about things so maybe we could not mention her anymore and keep the focus on things like that delicious looking cake you posted and how to hide all bodies  emissions! gracious me please excuse me I am trying to think of only happy happy happy things but I am not perfect yet but I will be! 

Puppies and cupcakes, 
    Mrs. Frances 

• Options
    MagicInk said:

Greetings and salutations Fran!

I also asked some questions of our leaders and we'll I'm not exactly sure what happened next but...I was given this man. I am told he is my husband now. I thought...I thought I had a wife.

I really don't understand why he is here. But I made him waffles this morning and then ironed his underwear.

Oh dear. I am so sorry. I have mentioned undergarments. I hope I didn't offend anyone. Very sorry.

Hi Mrs. Magic! The best thing about this place is that you don't have to understand! In fact its better if you don't, just enjoy it! Just be nice its the golden rule, golden and bright and beautiful and positive rule! You will get the hang of it,  they will make sure of it, so just don't worry about it (it causes wrinkles and we don't want wrinkles! neverwrinkle neverwrinkle neverwrinkle alwayssmile) And never say undergarments again. Please of course! I meant to say please, if you don't mind, wouldn't it be better if we didn't talk about undergarments again. 

Peonies and Sweet Tea, 

Mrs. Frances.

• Options
    Ever so delightful! I'm currently living in sin, but soon he will be my husband and I will be a respectable woman again!
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
  • Options
    afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Oh goodie! I'm so relieved we have decided to be a more polite and pleasant bunch of ladies. FI will be so relieved that I no longer have the bad influences that told me I could think for myself.

He's the best for tolerating me occasionally having an opinion and sometimes accidentally using vulgar language.

I haven't decided what to make for dinner yet. First I need to go clean the kitchen since I have slipped on my womanly duties.

Thank you for making this be a safe place for us to be with no more snarling and bullying.
  • Options

BRING BACK OUR NATIONAL TREASURE.

Goodness me. Please no shouting
    I DO WHAT I WANT. YOU DON'T MY LYFE.
  • Options
    Thank goodness you've all decided to turn over a new leaf and keep this community positive. After all, you don't know my or any other poster's life and special circumstances. Just because you think something or someone is rude doesn't mean that other people would - after all, these brides-to-be have families and friends who love them enough to support their decisions. They understand that weddings are about what the bride and groom want for themselves and have nothing to do with proper hosting and etiquette. How 1950s of you all! It's not like everyone has parents to foot the bill for their special day - they're often paying for their weddings themselves and have to make choices to make their dream wedding fit within their budgets. If it means leaving out SOs or not serving full meals, guests should understand and feel honored that they were invited to share in such a special moment. All of the previously negative attitudes you all displayed made me feel very sorry for your husbands. 
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    My feelings are hurt because I don't have a husband. I think my hurt feelings are a reportable offense. Someone should notify a babysitter immediately.
     I think it would be really super duper to have a husband so I could be a real part of the positive demographic, but I only want one on gutter cleaning day. I don't want one that's actually allowed in the house. 
  • Options

Is this right? Am I doing this right? Glitter is good right?

Anniversary
  • Options
    To the treehouse!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    oops! I'm not supposed to be in this thread! I'm not part of the cool married crowd. 

I'd pretend I'm married to Dean from Supernatural, but that quickly turn obscene and wouldn't involve cooking.

And I like kittens

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member

oops! I'm not supposed to be in this thread! I'm not part of the cool married crowd. 

I'd pretend I'm married to Dean from Supernatural, but that quickly turn obscene and wouldn't involve cooking.

And I like kittens

Also I called dibs on him a while ago, so you better find a new man.

I WILL CUT YOU.
    Normally, I would find your violence offensive, and your "calling dibs" crass, to say the least. But the more posts I read on this thread, the more I see the good within the bad. Recommending that @drunkenwitch find a new man was very helpful and considerate. Warnng her that you will "cut her" allows her the time necessary to reconsider potentially bad options.

I also have discovered that the more I read this plethora of positivity, I feel less and less like an old married hag. My husband seems less miserable......oops......sorry @ohannabelle. That was not meant to be a deliberate slight so I beg of you not report me to the gods that hold the random power.

My only regret is that both my children are married. I will be unable to benefit from the amazing advice of the newbs. The only way I could possibly reap the rewards of their incoming sage advice would be if my children re-did their weddings. Oh, wait a minute......the gods HAVE spoken to me!
  • Options
    drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

And I like kittens

I WILL CUT YOU.
    @pinkrevenge We can share, I'm a modern woman.  I'll take Captain on Mal on Sundays, Dean on Mondays, David Tennant's version of the Doctor on Tuesdays.  Wednesday will be my spa day. Thursday I'll take  Chris Hardwick, and Friday and Saturday will be spent with the boys from the Boondock Saints  (a girl's gotta have her fun).

We cool?

Huh, I forgot to schedule BF for any of those days. Eh, he'll understand.

• Options

And I like kittens

I WILL CUT YOU.
    @pinkrevenge We can share, I'm a modern woman.  I'll take Captain on Mal on Sundays, Dean on Mondays, David Tennant's version of the Doctor on Tuesdays.  Wednesday will be my spa day. Thursday I'll take  Chris Hardwick, and Friday and Saturday will be spent with the boys from the Boondock Saints  (a girl's gotta have her fun).

We cool?

Huh, I forgot to schedule BF for any of those days. Eh, he'll understand.

Anniversary
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    @pinkrevenge, you've been so good at giving advice on such matters as coitus in the past. Perhaps you can share some advice on interpreting the TOS as well as contributing to the positive atmosphere here? 

Forgive me for my use of the word coitus. I know from my warning on the bump for mentioning syphilis that such scientific language is far too coarse. Maybe that can be my first question!

Dear Pink, 

What do you recommend for a term that from here on out, can mean sex, but in such a way that absolutely no one may be offended? We may also need new euphenisms for penis and vagina. 

Sincerely, 

Lover of Vague Language
  • Options
    edited June 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards