Snarky Brides
Options

Y'all Are Gonna Love This

So I know periodically we have threads sharing horrible wedding pictures and I just came across this one I hadn't seen before:

Cuuuuuuuuuuuute...

Re: Y'all Are Gonna Love This

• Options
    I take stuff like this with a grain of salt. Maybe it was just an advertisement photo shoot?

With stuff like this I am on the fence. If those are some pictures you want to take hey, its a free country, go for it. Its your day and your money paying for them.

But when it comes to our wedding nothing like this will happen. I agree it makes the female look like she is making the male do something he does not want to. If my FI feels like this I would wonder why he asked me to marry him. If you feel trapped...why did you even ask? Plus marriage is something I view as sacred and it takes 2 people to commit, not just one nagging the other into it. That is not a healthy way to start a marriage.

Sorry. End rant. ;)
  • Options
    Puke. Nothing like perpetuating the myth that women just really really want to get married so badly that they'll drag a man into it, kicking and screaming.
    Repulsive.
  • Options
    aliwis000 said:
    I take stuff like this with a grain of salt. Maybe it was just an advertisement photo shoot?

With stuff like this I am on the fence. If those are some pictures you want to take hey, its a free country, go for it. Its your day and your money paying for them.

But when it comes to our wedding nothing like this will happen. I agree it makes the female look like she is making the male do something he does not want to. If my FI feels like this I would wonder why he asked me to marry him. If you feel trapped...why did you even ask? Plus marriage is something I view as sacred and it takes 2 people to commit, not just one nagging the other into it. That is not a healthy way to start a marriage.

Sorry. End rant. ;)

I generally agree when it comes to photos. As much as we make fun of Pinterest, some people really love the inspiration they find there. So everyone winds up with sparkly ampersand props and that shot of them kissing with their hands making the heart in the foreground. Maybe it's "snark worthy" but if they're happy with their photos, then who cares?

But this kind of stuff drives me nuts. The "ol' ball and chain" jokes are just irritating and played out.
  • Options
    Ok, but the color of that water, tho...

I need to be there, wherever it is!  
  • Options
    scribe95 said:
    I hate this kind of photo/sentiment. As if the guy doesn't have a choice and the woman will just rule his life and be a horrible nagger. Terrible.
    Sorry, have to say about your Siggy! GOATS! Baby GOATS! So cute. I'm done.
  • Options
    scribe95 said:
    I hate this kind of photo/sentiment. As if the guy doesn't have a choice and the woman will just rule his life and be a horrible nagger. Terrible.
    Sorry, have to say about your Siggy! GOATS! Baby GOATS! So cute. I'm done.
    I was about to post the same thing.  BABY GOATS WEARING SWEATERS. 
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards