Attire & Accessories Forum

Choosing Colors for a Winter Wedding

Looking for suggestions on the color scheme + bridesmaids dresses.

At first, I was thinking pewter + marigold. But that hasn't been sitting right. I'd rather infuse some gold or silver somehow -- a little pizazz for a January wedding (I'm thinking NYE inspired).

Thoughts?

Re: Choosing Colors for a Winter Wedding

• Unimportant: I kind of hate grey and yellow together, and I am sad it is a trend.

More relevant: Silver, yesssss. Black and silver, or silver and navy, or white and silver, or silver and baby blue, or silver and gold with like a starry or fireworks theme. You could do charcoal and silver for kind of a tone-on-tone look.

What time of day? I'd lean toward using a darker scheme at night and brighter ones in the morning or afternoon, but of course you can do what you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Unimportant: I kind of hate grey and yellow together, and I am sad it is a trend.

More relevant: Silver, yesssss. Black and silver, or silver and navy, or white and silver, or silver and baby blue, or silver and gold with like a starry or fireworks theme. You could do charcoal and silver for kind of a tone-on-tone look.

What time of day? I'd lean toward using a darker scheme at night and brighter ones in the morning or afternoon, but of course you can do what you want.
    I agree with these suggestions (and I also dislike grey and yellow together). If you would like to infuse silver or gold, I will echo that silver and light blue, navy and gold (or navy and silver!), or silver and white are all great options.

What colors are your venue and what time of day is your wedding? Do you have a vibe or feel you want your wedding to express?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• What about gold-charcoal/pewter-dusty rose?

I am going for a vintage feel, and the wedding is at night. The venue matches this feel -- old style classic vintage. The backdrop is city lights (if that matters). I think that's why the gold idea is coming to me -- something sparkly. And it'll be in January, right after New Year's.
  • I think those would look good together!  I would maybe do charcoal, when I think pewter, I think more silver-y and I'm not sure gold and silver would mesh well.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I love gold + cranberry for winter weddings. 
  • Gold, yes. Marigold, no. Ditto the gold/cranberry suggestion, and you can absolutely mix gold and silver. I'd think about the materials you want to use... navy blue crushed velvet table runners with tarnished silver mercury glass vases? Cranberry satin with tall vintage brass candlesticks? Fluffy ivory flowers with evergreens? That might help you "see" it better than just looking at the colors.

• December wedding here. I did navy, rose, and gold.

• I like the following combos:

- black, gold, and ivory
    - gold, blush, and burgundy
    - silver, charcoal, and dark green
    - champagne, ivory, and light blue

Whatever you pick, make it a color that's easy to find so you won't have problems down the road.
    *********************************************************************************

• January wedding here. The girls will be in navy, my dress is champagne and ivory with some silver detailing so we will bring in silver and champagne with some navy for the decorations. 

Another thing to think about is your venue, I had originally wanted to do a deep purple with the silver but after looking at the existing decor that could not be changed at the venue I scratched that and went with something that would look better. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards