Wedding Woes
Options

what will happen when the husband dies?

Dear Amy: My husband's ex-girlfriend seems to come around when there is a funeral for friends and family — and stays for hours. She hangs with my husband the whole time and talks about the past (she never brings her husband).

I want to tell her at the next funeral not to overstay her welcome.

Should I let it go and continue to humiliate myself over this behavior in front of relatives, or should I do something about it!? I'm sick of being treated like this! — Had It

Re: what will happen when the husband dies?

• Options
    Who are these people? She should hem her up behind the hearse and let her know this is the last funeral she will be attending.
  • Options
    If my husband didn't nip it, then I would have a H problem.
  • Options
    How often are they going to funerals?
  • Options
    Ha. I didn't think about that one.....

• Options
    H's Mom comes to H's Dad's family funerals to support their kids. Maybe it's something like that?
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    H's Mom comes to H's Dad's family funerals to support their kids. Maybe it's something like that?
    no; otherwise, she would be spending time with her kids and not her ex-h, and discussing something more appropriate than their ended relationship.
  • Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    It's a funeral - not her place to send someone else attending off (we had someone do this at FIL's funeral - as a family we all were PO'd when we found out after the fact because we wanted this person there, not fly in from cross-country and shuffled out the door by this particular jackwagon who we'd have rather shuffled out the door instead).  That said - she has a H problem in that he's not nipping the clinginess in the bud at each event so she doesn't stick around...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards