Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Not doing a hair and makeup trial?

I'm about a month out and haven't been able to pull off a hair/makeup trial. I don't live in the same town as the salon and I can't seem to get there physically. No car, public transportation doesn't go there. I finally was able to coordinate a scheduled appointment this week with a friend giving me a ride and that just fell through so no dice. Is it an option to not do a hair and makeup trial at all? I'm open to suggestions here.
Just Married!

Re: Not doing a hair and makeup trial?

• Options
    justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    spglsp said:
    I'm about a month out and haven't been able to pull off a hair/makeup trial. I don't live in the same town as the salon and I can't seem to get there physically. No car, public transportation doesn't go there. I finally was able to coordinate a scheduled appointment this week with a friend giving me a ride and that just fell through so no dice. Is it an option to not do a hair and makeup trial at all? I'm open to suggestions here.
    It's an option, but be aware that that might mean you don't end up with what you had in mind. Hair can be finicky and if it is the first time your hairdresser has put hands on it it will be difficult for them to get it right in one go. I know other women on here have posted that once their hair is styled it better be right because changing it turns into a disaster. Unless it is built into the vendors contract it isn't a requirement to do trials.

If you have the money for it it may be worth it to rent a car and drive out there?
  • Options
    You don't have to have a trial, but I would schedule a bit more time with your hair and MUA on the day of your wedding so that changes and adjustments can be made.  I would also suggest not picking a style that is super intricate.  Simple may be better in this case.

• Options
    I was not going to do a trial; however, I'm glad that I changed my mind. I spent about 1.5 hours with my stylist who worked with me until my hair was exactly as I wanted it. I even decided to make some changes after speaking with her and trying a few things out. I would say to schedule a trial if at all possible. It will make the day of your wedding day seem smoother, and it will be one less thing for you to worry about.

That being said, I agree with the post above that if you don't have time for a trial make sure you schedule enough time the day of to make sure you get exactly what you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards