Chit Chat

NWR: Got A Job Interview - WWYD?

So as some of ya'll may remember my job has been a little shitty lately. I've been applying to places and finally got an interview. (Yay!) 

That being said... I've never had a job interview when I currently have a job. What do you guys tell your boss when you have a job interview elsewhere? Do you tell them the truth or lie and say you have an appointment?  My only issue with telling bossman that I have an interview elsewhere is that what if he starts looking for someone to replace me, hires them and in the meantime I don't get the job I applied for, then I'm out of a job?

Sorry if I'm rambling. So what do ya'll think?

Re: NWR: Got A Job Interview - WWYD?

• novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    Take a half day of vacation or something, because then they have no business knowing where you are. 

ETA: If you have no vacation time, I'd just say you have an appointment and leave it at that. A job interview is an appointment. 
  • I keep it vague and tell my boss that I have an appointment.

• redoryxredoryx member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Yup, just keep it vague and say you have an appointment. No need for details.
  • Yep - appointment. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • You guys I'm an idiot - I should have known better. Sorry for wasting your time :) 
  • edited May 2015
    Appointment. Don't tell them until you are ready to quit. I would only tell my boss if I was applying for an internal transfer so she doesn't hear it from another co-worker.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Don't outright lie and tell him it's a doctor appointment or something, but you can be vague and say "an appointment" (because you do have an appointment with the interviewer :) ) or just say that you need to take some personal time on Wednesday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Definitely just say you have an appointment or take a half day of vacation time. Your employer does need to know anything about your job search, until you're actually ready to leave your job.
  • I keep it vague and tell my boss that I have an appointment.
    This. It's none of your employer's business what you do with your PTO and/or vacation time. And it's not in your best interest to tell them anyway.
    *********************************************************************************

• I just did this a couple weeks ago.  I was able to schedule the interview during lunch, and just said "I have to run a few errands on my lunch" to the receptionist.  I was gone a little longer than an hour but nobody said anything. 
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards