Attire & Accessories Forum

Is it weird to have belly or fire dancing at your wedding?

I'm not Egyptian or Arabic or anything I just thought some form of entertainment would be kind of cool to have at my wedding. Is it too strange of a thing to do at a wedding?

Re: Is it weird to have belly or fire dancing at your wedding?

• I don't think it's weird for a wedding in general, no matter what your own heritage, but it might be weird for a wedding without some kind of related theme/decor/something. But even then, I don't think it'd be that weird; I would personally just enjoy the show and not worry about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it sounds cool; people would probably enjoy it because it's not something you see every day in the States.

• I'm not Egyptian or Arabic or anything I just thought some form of entertainment would be kind of cool to have at my wedding. Is it too strange of a thing to do at a wedding?

To clarify - Egypt is part of the Arab world.  Arabic is generally used to denote the language.  So, an Arab speaks Arabic.  Just like a Honduran, Colombian or Mexican speaks Spanish but is not Spanish.

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I don't think it's weird exactly, but TBH I really don't understand the need for entertainment at a wedding. 
  • Hawaiian wedding?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I guess it really depends on the budget for your wedding. If you have a limited bar with cheese and crackers for cocktail hour and dry chicken for dinner, I would have preferred you used the money that you spent on the dancers to upgrade the bar and food. If you went all out on your food and bar and then had the dancers, then okay.

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yeah I think it's weird, TBH.  You don't need to "provide entertainment" at a wedding, and if you did, belly dancing is not what I would have in mind (unless it is a cultural thing).  As far as fire dancing, maybe if there is a theme to go along with it or something.
  • I guess it really depends on the budget for your wedding. If you have a limited bar with cheese and crackers for cocktail hour and dry chicken for dinner, I would have preferred you used the money that you spent on the dancers to upgrade the bar and food. If you went all out on your food and bar and then had the dancers, then okay.
    This.  If the other important elements (i.e., things that affect guest comfort, like food/bar) are very adequately covered, then go for it.  But if I'm sitting at your wedding starving because there isn't much food and I have to pay for a drink because you have a cash bar, I'm going to judge the entertainment HARD.  Not saying you are doing these things, OP - just giving an extreme example.  In general, if you are prioritizing according to the above and it's within budget, then do it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards