Wedding Reception Forum
Options

No Grand Entrance?

We're having our ceremony outdoors and our reception indoors, at the same location. After our ceremony, our guests are going into the building for a short cocktail hour while we do pictures. After we're done with pictures, we're going to join our guests in the building and dinner will start.

Apparently a "grand entrance" is the normal segue to let everyone know we've arrived, and that it's time to eat or start the festivities. Google is giving me all sorts of quirky ideas for how to make our entrance ridiculous and awesome, but I know our fairly introverted bridal party won't enjoy being put on display, and I feel like our guests are just going to want to eat and won't really care how we all saunter into the room, anyway.

Is it okay to just walk in unannounced and start mingling without all the hype? Will that confuse people? Or is there another low-key way to announce our arrival?

Re: No Grand Entrance?

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    No, it's fine not to have a grand entrance.
  • Options
    NymeruNymeru member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    A grand entrance isn't necessary, but if you want some way to have guests know that you're there, maybe just have the DJ (or whoever) announce the two of you and leave the bridal party out of it.  The guests aren't there for the bridal party after all.  I know this won't be the case for everyone, but at our wedding, as soon as we were announced, everyone stopped mingling and sat down because they thought that dinner was happening RIGHT THEN, so if you want time to mingle and relax before the reception begins in earnest, my advice would be to skip the announcement if you want a more informal atmosphere.
  • Options
    Our grand entrance consisted of us walking in unannounced and me immediately making a beeline to the bathroom to wash my feet.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    It's really your call. We came in announced and went directly into our first dance. Then we sat down for dinner. We didn't have our bridal party announced because I knew the majority of them would be uncomfortable being put on the spot like that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards