Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

How far in advance should I send invites for a weekday wedding?

We're getting married in the middle of October on a Thursday. The majority of folks we're inviting are from out of town. What's a good time frame to send out the invites? I've heard that destination wedding invites should be sent out three months in advance to give people time to make plans, and am considering sending them even earlier than that since it's during the week. Thoughts?

Re: How far in advance should I send invites for a weekday wedding?

• Options
    6-8 weeks, same as a weekeend wedding.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Send the out of town guests save the dates.  This is what they are for.  Invitations get sent out 6 to 8 weeks before the wedding, just like any other wedding.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    To me, having a weekday out of town wedding is a pretty clear sign that you don't really care if I can come. Sending me an invite really early isn't going to make me any more likely to attend. 8 weeks is fine.
  • Options
    We're getting married in the middle of October on a Thursday. The majority of folks we're inviting are from out of town. What's a good time frame to send out the invites? I've heard that destination wedding invites should be sent out three months in advance to give people time to make plans, and am considering sending them even earlier than that since it's during the week. Thoughts?
    Mail the invitations 6-8 weeks in advance. 

You can send a STD if you think people need more notice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards