Chit Chat

Lessons Learned the Hard Way

loveislouderloveislouder member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited June 2015 in Chit Chat
PSA: the Sex Bomb bath bomb from Lush is flammable. 

So after my interview today, instead of comfort food I decided to stop at Lush and pick up a bath bomb to have with my wine. I lit some candles and was having an awesome bath. Fast forward to the end when I go to put out the candles by dripping a bit of the bath water onto it with my finger, and lo and behold my hand catches on fire. Im okay, totally could have been worse. 

So that was a lesson I learned the hard way. Anyone else learn a lesson the hard way? 

ETA: Paragraphs?

Re: Lessons Learned the Hard Way

• Holy shit that is crazy!! I'm glad you're ok. 
  • That's pretty scary, glad you're ok.

Lesson I learned the hard way: Make sure to periodically check if you have any outstanding traffic violations. I had a few red light tickets & school zone tickets that I never actually received in the mail and on Friday I came out to a boot on my tire and a $700 fee to have it removed. It hurt so bad. So yeah, pay your traffic violations.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • HOLY CRAP! I'm so glad you're okay. That's kinda weird that there is something flammable in it. I wonder what ingredient it was.
  • H says its because they're made with animal fat. If it is, that's gross. 
    It's not made with animal fat, it's a combination of the essential oils and baking soda. Both of those ingredients are propellants. You can find a list of all Lush ingredients on their website. 
  • Oh goodness! Glad you're ok. 

Ouuuch to the car boot story...

Mine: No matter how handy you think you are, have a buddy present when attempting home repair. I was going to install new shelves, but that meant I had to remove an old crappy cabinet. It was small and lightweight so I figured it would be easy.  The thing came crashing down, thisclose to falling on my head, and then I would have died alone and been eaten by wild dogs. 

Lesson I learned the hard way: Make sure to periodically check if you have any outstanding traffic violations. I had a few red light tickets & school zone tickets that I never actually received in the mail and on Friday I came out to a boot on my tire and a $700 fee to have it removed. It hurt so bad. So yeah, pay your traffic violations.

Oh shit! I'm glad you're ok!

Along with Stefuhknee- don't lend your car to someone if you can't afford the consequences. We lent my car (I rarely drive and DH's spare car was in the shop) to DH's brother several months ago when he was in town for some family issues. $700 in parking tickets that I discovered when renewing my license plates a few weeks back. He tried to deny it but they were all for overnight parking without a permit on his ex-gf's block. We paid the tickets but we'll never get that money back - and BIL lost my trust. He's been coming into town a lot lately for family stuff and is still surprised and angry when we refuse to lend him a car.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    It's not made with animal fat, it's a combination of the essential oils and baking soda. Both of those ingredients are propellants. You can find a list of all Lush ingredients on their website. 

Yeah, I just looked into it. A few I clicked on are Vegan so animal fat is a no lol

Along with Stefuhknee- don't lend your car to someone if you can't afford the consequences. We lent my car (I rarely drive and DH's spare car was in the shop) to DH's brother several months ago when he was in town for some family issues. $700 in parking tickets that I discovered when renewing my license plates a few weeks back. He tried to deny it but they were all for overnight parking without a permit on his ex-gf's block. We paid the tickets but we'll never get that money back - and BIL lost my trust. He's been coming into town a lot lately for family stuff and is still surprised and angry when we refuse to lend him a car.
    Holy crap!   I'd say his birthday and Christmas gifts for the next decade are all set. 

I would charge him a daily fee to recoup that money. Less than renting a car, but still something so you can get your money back. 

I would be mortified if I did that and would pay you back as soon as possible.

People are rude. Oh, and no more car borrowing for you!
  • Holy crap! And they have that as a product to bathe in?!
    Hope you're ok.

My lesson learned was to listen to my brother when it comes to landscaping and gardens. He told me not to plant an entire garden full of only tulips. To plant multiple things that will either bloom all season long or can bloom and be covered up by other things planted near them.

Well, I didn't listen, and now even tho it was gorgeous and made me feel warm and fuzzy, I now have a garden full of petal less tulips with browning leaves and nothing else to look forward to except my irises.
    Anniversary

• I'm really glad you're okay! That's pretty terrifying. 

I'm sorry, but I totally laughed when I read that, though. I would put out the candles the same way and my dumbass would have freaked and probably knocked the candles into the tub full of Lush water and caught on fire myself. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • MadHops21 said:
    I'm really glad you're okay! That's pretty terrifying. 

I'm sorry, but I totally laughed when I read that, though. I would put out the candles the same way and my dumbass would have freaked and probably knocked the candles into the tub full of Lush water and caught on fire myself. 
    Lol I'm honestly kind of wondering how I didn't manange to do that. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards