Oregon

Reception Food Help!

ashyc04ashyc04 member
First Comment
Has anyone thought about, or been to a wedding that didn't have a mian course?

Our ceremony and reception will be in the summer at a beautiful garden venue where people are free to walk around and explore. We don't want a formal sit down dinner because we want our guest to take advantage of the venue. We're looking at caterers and they all have fantastic hors d'oeuvres, but the main dishes seem rather played out.

Would it be horribly tacky to not have the chicken/beef/fish entree with the small amount of sides, and instead go with a TON of heavy hors d'oeuvres? We want our guests to be able to go up to the buffet several times and get an array of different types of foods and we'll definately have more than enough of all the hors d'oeuvres, so no one is feeling less that stuffed in the end.

Opinions?

Re: Reception Food Help!

• Ktcuti81Ktcuti81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think so at all!  I personally get bored of going to all of those cookie cutter weddings that all have the same rubbery chicken plated dinners.
  • RKwedding2011RKwedding2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like your idea of having lots of interesting hors d'oeuvres! It sounds a lot of fun and delicious! As long as you have enough, it should be great.
    Katie
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing exactly the same thing for my wedding in July - I think it feels more casual, which fits my fiance and I.
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't have a main course and it worked great.
    We had a few passed apps then a big buffet of light foods and everyone had plenty, were able to get up and move around (and go outside - was at a vineyard)

I actually kind of prefer it now - having to sit down and eat really slows everything down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards