Vineyard Weddings
Options

Decoration/Color Ideas for a Rustic, Vineyard Wedding

I just started planning my wedding which is going to be held at a vineyard next fall and am in no way a decorator. Any suggestions for reception/ceremony decorations that would incorporate a rustic/vineyard theme would be greatly appreciated! Also, our colors are tiffany blue and a pale orange...really starting to re-think this decision with the location/time of year...any thoughts?

Re: Decoration/Color Ideas for a Rustic, Vineyard Wedding

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_vineyard-weddings_decorationcolor-ideas-for-a-rustic-vineyard-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:669Discussion:b1e55a14-7640-495f-8a02-4632bde390aePost:1918f06b-746e-4c22-b532-719a435773cb">Decoration/Color Ideas for a Rustic, Vineyard Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just started planning my wedding which is going to be held at a vineyard next fall and am in no way a decorator. Any suggestions for reception/ceremony decorations that would incorporate a rustic/vineyard theme would be greatly appreciated! Also, our colors are tiffany blue and a pale orange...really starting to re-think this decision with the location/time of year...any thoughts?
    Posted by ibjordal[/QUOTE]
    Congratulations! I think your right, pale blue and orange speak Spring to me not fall. I'm also planning a Fall wedding. I haven't made a choice yet for colors, but I'm learning towards deep eggplant, moss, and cream. If you want to stick to your original color palate, maybe just do deeper versions of the same colors. For example Indigo blue and burnt orange. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Hi, i'm celebrating my wedding in a vineyard too.
    im using burlap, lace and tones of pink and purple.
    you dont need a lot of decoration because you already have a prettyl view.
    Im using tons of flowers as centerpieces.
    for the chair deco im making some burlap/lace bowls with babybreath flowers
    a lot of lights hanging from tree to tree as a celling
    purple paper balls hanging on the trees

and thats all!!!!!
    i have an extra huge iluminated dance floor with our initials
    candles around the pool
    and we are having fireworks on our first dance

• Options
    I agree with other posters - the tiffany blue reads spring, but if you love it, who cares!  You could easily make it more fall like by switching to a deep blue (like a navy) but have pops of the tiffany and orange.  I think that could be very cute :)

I've posted on other boards, but for decorations, especially if you are on a tight budget like we are, wine theme is one of the easiest ones out there.  Here's what we're doing for less than $10 per table:

Recycle wine bottles, clean off the labels and create custom labels.  We've used Vistaprint for the labels (they have living social and groupon deals every few months - keep an eye out).  You can do the labels in any color or style you want.  I've got one of ours up on my pinterest board.  The wine bottles (three per table) are actings as vases.  I told the florist I want it to look like you just went out in the field and picked whatever was growing, so we have an emphasis on lavender and green wildflowers and grasses for our spring wedding.  For fall I imagine you could do something very similar - there are lots of little flowers in the yellow and orange families.

We're using old wine glasses for candle holders - different designs.  I've been scouring estate sales buying old chipped crystal on half off day - usually the last day of the estate sale.  No one wants the chipped stuff, but since I'm sticking candles in and on top of them, works out perfect for me :)

To add a slight bit of color to the aisle, we're tying tulle bows on the chairs.  You can get spools for relatively cheap as well if you look for sales and use coupons.  Look at fabric stores - not in wedding decor sections.  You'll get the same things for about a quarter the cost.

We don't have to do much else for decoration because the vineyards tend to have fantastic ambiance on their own.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I've been saving wine corks for YEARS now and love finding new things to do with them. If you're into it, why not make some decorations with corks? That's as vineyard-y as I can think of. http://weddings.gatheringguide.com/ac/wedding-party-decorations-ideas-trends/ways-to-use-wine-corks has a list of ideas, most of them great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards