Wedding Reception Forum

Time Between Table Seating and Buffet Line

Hello!

My dad has expressed concerns that the downtime (15-20 minutes) between seating in the reception hall (after cocktail hour) and the start of the buffet will leave guests twiddling their thumbs. He's suggested placing a "Did you know?" card with interesting facts about my fiance and I at each place setting. I like the concept, but not quite sure a "facts sheet" is wedding appropriate. Any more creative ideas about how to approach the concept? 

I'd like to indulge my dad in this aspect of the wedding, so any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Re: Time Between Table Seating and Buffet Line

• Why is there such a time gap between seating and the buffet starting? Can you shorten the time? I don't know that I'd do a "fact sheet".
  • Why not just eliminate that wait time instead of putting out fact sheets that no one will give two craps about?

• Why do you need the wait time there?  Usually any time there is caused by necessities (introductions or dances). 
  • Why is there any wait time at all between the end of cocktail hour and the start of dinner service? The mere existence of a gap between the two parts of your reception will put off your guests. A fact sheet about yourselves will come off as AWish-especially during an unnecessary gap in hosting.
  • If you can't eliminate the 15 minute wait time, just trust that adults can socialize for 15 minutes. They're not toddlers who constantly need to be entertained. 
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards