Budget Weddings Forum
Options

small wedding in parks

Hi!

Do parks require fees or permits for couples holding a wedding ceremony with 5 -10 guests? I know it's different for each location but I would just like an idea. 

Re: small wedding in parks

• Options
    chiaki26 said:
    Hi!

Do parks require fees or permits for couples holding a wedding ceremony with 5 -10 guests? I know it's different for each location but I would just like an idea. 

Call a couple local park district offices and ask.
  • Options
    adk19 said:
    chiaki26 said:
    Hi!

Call a couple local park district offices and ask.
    Ditto.

Every city, county, state and federal parks have their own rules.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    jacques27jacques27 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    Most city/county/state government websites will also have this information. 

But generally, yes - if you want guaranteed, exclusive use of a particular space within a park (ex. a sheltered area), whether it's for 10 people or 100 people and/or you are going to do anything that requires rental of equipment and set-up (ex. chairs), then you're likely going to have to pay some sort of fee.  The only way you probably wouldn't is if you're totally cool with a bunch of strangers all up in your space and you're going to be ultra casual about it saying "Hey, 10 friends and family of mine, let's all hike over to the park right now, find an empty patch of land, and then have this super casual exchange of vows, eat this picnic basket full of sandwiches while sitting on the ground, and go home."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards