Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Song Lyrics on Wedding Cake (Cake decorators ??)

Let's try again. Our cake will look like the one below and our first song lyrics will be written on it. Would a cake decorator find it easier to airbrush the lyrics or write them? How much would you charge for something like that? 

Re: Song Lyrics on Wedding Cake (Cake decorators ??)

• This is really a bakery by bakery thing.  It depends on the decorator you talk to as to whether they will use airbrush or piping and same with the price.  I would suggest going and talking to some local bakers to get a feel for pricing.

• MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015

You need to talk to your baker that is doing your cake to get an answer on this one!  IMO something that size with hand-piping words or airbrushing might be spendier than you think because of the time and precision involved (miss one word and onto Cake Wrecks it goes!), not to mention the obvious copyright issues with song lyrics. 

Anyone's guess what you'll be quoted!  Everyone here could give you a guess of "bakers around here would likely charge ___ as a ballpark range" but exact, that's up to your baker!

• I would consult with your cake decorator.

Also just something to keep in mind, you may not want to put a bunch of candles around your cake if you are having words written on the cake. I went to a wedding where they had writing in icing on the cake and the candles started to melt it. The wording started to run and ended up making the cake look really sad. But again, ask your baker.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @beachyone15  Thanks for that advice about the candles!! I'd be pretty angry if I asked for all that writing and it melted!! I'm waiting for baker to respond with her final total for the cake. Just wanted to be prepared for $$$. 
  • Here's a picture of how my cake turned out. I LOVED IT!!!! (And it was very very reasonable in price after all!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards