New Jersey

Bridgewater Manor

I am looking for all opinions on Bridgewater Manor...good or bad please.  I'm on the fence and I would like to see it for all of the pro and cons.  We already went for a tour so now Im just balancing things out. I would also love to see some decor ideas that were done there as well.  

Re: Bridgewater Manor

• Our tour left a bad taste in our mouthes so we didn't bother.  I do believe some brides have had their weddings there so hopefully they will be able to help you out.  Their website might be able to help you out with some ideas of decorating if I'm not mistaken as well.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you don't mind me asking, what happened that left a bad taste in your mouth?
  • I have been to a wedding there and honestly I would never book there. The cocktail hour space is very very tight and the wedding I went to o my had 80 people. The service was terrible and the food was even worse. Our table was literally forgotten for coffee and dessert and wheny mother asked for more butter she was told they were only allowed to put 1 plate of butter on the table. It might have been a bad night, but it would be on the bottom of any list I had if even on the list at all.
  • When we went to tour, the gentleman had us walk through the area our reception would be while there was another party going on.  Here we were standing in the middle of someone's Bar Mitzvah.  We walked out and said no way, if he was willing to do that during a party, he would probably have no problem doing a walk through during a wedding.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KnottieAKKnottieAK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2015
    We booked the Bridgewater Manor for May 2016. 

I did extensive research and reached out to friends from the area who have been to events there. They have 4 rooms where they host events. Just keep in mind when doing research on the place that the person hosting could have picked a room that is too small or didn't make smart choices on the food (there are a lot of choices). 

We booked the Somerset Terrace that when at full capacity is well beyond 50 people of our expected guest list. Additionally, I suggest doing the complimentary food tasting, which you can do prior to any booking / payments. My FH and I went to the food tasting - which sold us on booking the Bridgewater Manor. Everything you get is fantastic for the price. In combination with price due to our budget and finding a place that would give us a 100 person minimum on a Saturday night in May is what made this the perfect place for us.

Cons:
    1) They can be hard to reach right now to answer questions, mainly due to the high volume of events since it's prime wedding season
    I'm very organized and great at planning things, so I'm not that concerned if it takes me a few days to get my questions answered, especially since my wedding is still 11 months away.
    2) I don't like the rugs - but this wasn't a big enough minus for me
    3) The bathroom decor could use some work
    4) Finding a nice hotel in the area that I like is proving slightly challenging - but I'm picky

Pros:
    1) beautiful grounds (my ceremony will be there)
    2) the inside is very nice (besides the rugs / bathrooms)
    3) The price is amazing for what you get
    4) The food is delicious
    5) FH dream was to have an a lot of food during the cocktail hour - which we got with the Exclusive Menu
    6) The location was a lot more convenient than another venue we we were seriously looking at
    7) This place has a long history of coordinating / planning these events
    8) They could give us a 100 person minimum on a Sat. night in May
    9) The ceremony area had a pond - which was important to me

Obviously it was a personal choice for us, as it will be for you.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you!
  • That was another issue I had with the venue...they have multiple events at 1 time which was a deal breaker for me. I wanted a venue that only had 1 event at a time.
  • We were between Bridgewater Manor and Berkeley Plaza. Bridgewater had a nicer outside, but the room they wanted to give us seemed cut off and small. The tour was pretty rushed. We didn't like that other events may be going on at that time. I was at a wedding there in 2009 and it was just...blah. Nothing special. We went with Berkeley.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards