New Jersey

Wedding Cantor

I was wondering if anyone in the Union County area hired their own singer for church?  And if so where did you start looking for them?  The woman at our church is a bit old and I would love someone to make everyone cry while singing Ava Maria.  Also if you could give me an idea of price that would help.

Re: Wedding Cantor

• I would check with the church first. Our church (and most churches) requires that you use their musicians and singers. We are not allowed to hire any outside musicians or singers period. We are getting married in a Roman Catholic so other denominations may not be as strict, but if it is a Catholic Church I would not do anything until you have spoken to you mr priest.
  • We are getting married in a Catholic Church.  Our priest is pretty laid back he was ok with an outside singer coming in.  I am in a wedding this weekend at my church (that we are getting married at) and I will see how the singing is and judge from that.  But we do have the list of songs and stuff we can use for the ceremony already from Pre-Cana.  So we are working on the ceremony shell.
  • It wasn't our priest it was the church. They require it.
  • @Jenn7778 the wedding at our church this weekend allowed an outside singer.  And I asked the girl who sang at my cousin's wedding and she said she would do it for us!!! But we do have to use the church organist that is the only thing.  I spoke with the church on Friday.
  • That is awesome! I wish our church would allow that!
  • @Jeannine12 have you chosen all your music yet? What are you using? I am having such a hard time!
  • @Jenn7778 I am planning on working on that this weekend or next.  Once I have an idea I can share that with you.  I know you aren't catholic so I would be glad to share with you the way we are going to set up the mass and all.  Also Nathan did the flowers for my cousins wedding and they were stunning!  From our flowers to the ones at church and the ones at the venue.  He uses such quality flowers.
  • @Jeannine12 thank you so much! I am really glad we are doing a joint ceremony and really excited that the church is allowing it...but other the Cannon in D and Ode to Joy I have no idea where to even start for as far as interludes and pre/post ceremony! Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards