New Jersey
Options

Monmouth County Parks Photo Permit?

Has anyone taken wedding or engagement pictures in the Monmouth County parks (specifically Deep Cut Gardens or Holmdel Parks)? You need a permit which is 50-60/hour for residents and 70-90/hour for nonresidents. My question is... do they check permits? I am a non-resident, but my photographer has a business address in Monmouth County we can use to obtain the resident rate. Do you really NEED a permit if you are taking photos on a non-Saturday?

I know this is a long shot, but anyone with any experience taking photos there, please let me know! Thanks :)

Re: Monmouth County Parks Photo Permit?

• Options
    annenjannenj member
    First Comment
    I did my engagement photos last month in Deep Cut, but it was on a Saturday. I am a resident and I was charged $40. 
    What that fee does is kind of reserve the park for you. That means no one else can be professionally photographed in the park at the time you are.
    I only paid for an hour, and we were there for probably almost 2 hours. No one checked for a permit, but I didn't want to risk it, considering we had set this up weeks in advance.

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    amt6amt6 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Thanks so much, Anne! So you just give them payment over the phone and you are reserved? I will have my photographer use their resident address then. I just wanted to make sure there was no verification process.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards