New Jersey

The Tide or Crystal Plaza

Hello, after looking at a few venues, we have narrowed the venues down to either The Tide or Crystal Plaza. We're looking at a wedding in June or July of 2016 on either Friday or Saturday. I've heard nothing but great reviews on either of these venues, so it really comes down to the price. I'm not a great negotiator when it comes to pricing so I thought it might be easier if I can get what other people are paying. The tide quoted us at 140(July) on a Friday, and Crystal Plaza quoted us at 175(June) Friday, 165(July) Friday. What did you guys pay or was able to negotiate down to? Thanks for the help

Re: The Tide or Crystal Plaza

• edited June 2015
    I'm not having my wedding at either place, but I do know that your Crystal Plaza pricing is the same that I was quoted a few months ago for June 2016. From what I've heard, they do not budge in pricing much. Keep in mind that with 7% tax & 18% grat (minimum) you are looking at a rough difference of about $32 LESS per head at The Tides (on a Fri in July) which could be significant based on your budget. Also - I find it to be a HUGE plus to be the only wedding hosted at one time, so Crystal Plaza trumps The Tides in that category.

I would try and negotiate based on your headcount -- if you can guarantee more than their required minimum, use that as your tool for a lower cost per head or for getting more options added in. I found that not many venues would budge on pricing during the peak season, but since you are nearing a year or less away from your potential wedding date, you might have some leeway. Good luck!

Edited for clarity
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards