Not Engaged Yet

Belated wedding post - lots of pictures!

lilacck28lilacck28 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited June 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
Since I've been back from the honeymoon (which was great!) things at the school have been hectic, and I haven't been knotting--- sorry for the long wait!

The wedding went really well. It was SO fast. I woke up every hour the night before, and then officially woke up at 4:30am to shower and blow dry my hair for hair / makeup people. They were so great to work with. Made the start of the day awesome. But once the day got going.... There was no free moment! We did a first look, portraits, and wedding party / family portraits before the ceremony. Then we signed the ketubah.... Then I put on the veil (more pictures) then.... Ceremony!

The weather was amazing. Low to mid 70s, sunny but with some clouds for coverage. There were little dandelion fluffs floating around outside which made the whole things feel so magical and ethereal. H and I were also told by a lot of ppl that a really pretty iridescent blue/ black / purple butterfly flew around us for a portion of the ceremony. I hope the photographer got a picture! I didn't feel much through the day because I felt so rushed, but before the ceremony I got such happy jitters. And during the ceremony.... I was totally weepy!

My other favorite moment was the parent dance. I danced with my dad, H danced with his mom at the same time, and then I danced with H while my parents and his parents danced together. (All one song) It felt so happy and emotional. My dad was definitely about to cry.

Oh! And the cake cutting! H laid a big kiss on me which was fun. I wish we had realized those pieces we cut we're going to be our pieces of cake though! H and I only got two bites each because we failed at cutting a good piece!

The food was delicious (smoked salmon eggs Benedict was a huge hit!), and seeing friends and family all together was so special.

Anyway.... Pictures! We got some really lovely ones from friends and family... Can't wait for the professional pictures! I Included a picture of my bouquet before and after ( I dried the petals and put them in a little jar the way my mom did... I used to be fascinated by her jar of flowers! )

My only regret was not getting enough sleep / it all went by too quickly! I think a night time wedding might have helped that... But this way H and I got food we liked and it all ended at 5 pm..... So we had a great long wedding night before crashing to sleep!

Ps- Sorry for any typos / short hand.... I'm knotting from my phone.

Re: Belated wedding post - lots of pictures!

• stunning!!! i love the cake and the idea of saving the flowers is awesome!! your dress is INCREDIBLE!!! you look beyond gorgeous!!! i hope the photographer got a pic of the butterfly too! congrats, OMH!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Beautiful! I hope when you see the rest of your pro-pics that your photographer got some butterfly shots too! Sounds like a wonderful day!

• Congrats! Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous, you looked beautiful! It sounds like such an awesome day! 

• Congrats! I love all the pictures and also love the flower idea! Thanks for sharing!
    friends tv show funy
  • Your picture with your parents and your veil down is breathtaking. I don't know if you could have picked a better veil for that dress.

I'm glad the weather was perfect. It all sounds amazing! Congrats lady!

• @alpacina thank you! It was a drop veil that I borrowed from H's cousin who got married last September. We're just going to keep passing it around the family! (Though as far as I know there won't be any more weddings coming up for a while! )
  • CONGRATS!!! You look so beautiful!

• LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Everything was absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations!! 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Wow beautiful congrats!

Anniversary

• Love all of this!! You look amazing! I hope the photographer got the butterfly too!
  • Omg your wedding looks gorgeous!!! Congrats!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Eveyrthing looks amazing! I love the flower jar idea! Congratulations! 

• That dress & setting is gorgeous! Congrats!
  • Congrats!!  So glad the weather cooperated for you and you had such a perfect day!  What a great idea with your flowers!

Anniversary
  • Amazing! You and your new H look great and so happy!

I love idea for your flowers. Could you post some general instructions. I have tried drying flowers before but it never seems to work out. Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated. I have been trying to figure out what to do with my flowers and this seems like a great idea!

Thank you and once again...you looked beautiful!
  • What a magical day! You are stunning, and your H is so handsome! You two look very happy together, and I'm so glad you had a wonderful wedding day. <3

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2015
    @aliwis000 I had never dried flowers before, so I looked it up. There are lots of instructions online but my abbreviated notes would be :

First key step to all of the different methods is to start drying the flowers before they start to die. That's super sad to do ( I felt terrible pulling apart my pretty bouquet!), but very necesary, because if you wait till they begin to wilt you'll end up with brown flowers.

After that: One way to dry your bouquet (I didn't try this) is to simply keep your bouquet in a bunch and hang it up side down (maybe on a hanger) in a cool, dry, dark place.

Another method is to remove the petals from your flowers and put them on a paper towel covered plate in one layer. Cover with another paper towel , and then plate as a lid. Microwave for 20 seconds or so. I tried this method, and it seemed easy but I kept them out to dry more during my honeymoon and they basically lost their color... They look dull and sad.

The other method I used which worked the best and resulted in the flowers/ petals I put in my jar was: I layed individual petals and leaves and cut pieces of babies breath, even some full flowers etc. in a single layer on paper towel to dry. I left them in our apartment living room with the blinds shut, air conditioning off for the 5/ 6 days we were away on our honeymoon. When I came back they were dry and brittle, but the color was much more intense than the microwaved petals. The color was darker than my original flowers, but that was preferable to the bleached look of the others.

I'm definitely not an expert... But it seemed to work so far! I hope that helps!

• lilacck28 said:
    @aliwis000 I had never dried flowers before, so I looked it up. There are lots of instructions online but my abbreviated notes would be : First key step to all of the different methods is to start drying the flowers before they start to die. That's super sad to do ( I felt terrible pulling apart my pretty bouquet!), but very necesary, because if you wait till they begin to wilt you'll end up with brown flowers. After that: One way to dry your bouquet (I didn't try this) is to simply keep your bouquet in a bunch and hang it up side down (maybe on a hanger) in a cool, dry, dark place. Another method is to remove the petals from your flowers and put them on a paper towel covered plate in one layer. Cover with another paper towel , and then plate as a lid. Microwave for 20 seconds or so. I tried this method, and it seemed easy but I kept them out to dry more during my honeymoon and they basically lost their color... They look dull and sad. The other method I used which worked the best and resulted in the flowers/ petals I put in my jar was: I layed individual petals and leaves and cut pieces of babies breath, even some full flowers etc. in a single layer on paper towel to dry. I left them in our apartment living room with the blinds shut, air conditioning off for the 5/ 6 days we were away on our honeymoon. When I came back they were dry and brittle, but the color was much more intense than the microwaved petals. The color was darker than my original flowers, but that was preferable to the bleached look of the others. I'm definitely not an expert... But it seemed to work so far! I hope that helps!
    Thank you for the tips!

I have been looking into drying them out with silica gel. I think once I have them dry I will put them in a jar like yours. It turned out beautiful! :)
  • Congrats!! You guys look so happy. :D

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congratulations!! These pictures are so beautiful!!
  • Congrats!! You look so beautiful! I love the pic of you and your H kissing and I love your flower idea. Mine are already dying..I need to figure out how to salvage them so they don't turn brown. 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @lavenderfields13 Buy some silica crystals and some large plastic containers! The silica crystals have instructions but basically you need to trim off the stems and then fully cover the flowers with the crystals and then seal them in the plastic container. It takes a certain number of days depending on the flower (up to about a week) but the results are amazing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards