Favors

Wedding favor 911! Rant...

Ok so I ordered my favors (personalized stemless wine glasses) the day after mothers day. The website told me they would be delivered by June 3rd...well 2 days before the day they were supposed to arrive I receive an email stating they are behind on production but they have people working overtime for the weekend to get them finished and shipped out by Monday. I freaked out a little bit because my wedding was rapidly approaching but when I called I was assured that they were being worked on and would be shipped out Monday, Tuesday the latest and would arrive by the 9th. When I didn't have a tracking number by Thursday I called and was told once again. "They're working on your order right now, they'll be done and shipped tonight. You'll get them on the 11th." MY WEDDING IS JUNE 13TH...as in this Saturday. This monday I called back and they were working on them, had half of them done but they would be shipped and arrive by Friday. BIG SURPRISE....they weren't. Still have yet to receive tracking and don't know if they'll be in by Saturday. 
Has anyone else had an issue like this? What did you do? I spent $300 on these damn glasses and now I may not have favors for my guests unless I can come up with something last minute.

Re: Wedding favor 911! Rant...

• I would get my money back first thing. Second, favors are not mandatory, so you can skip them. If you really want them, I would buy something edible. No offense, but I would not take home one of your stemless wine glasses. I have a matching set of wine glasses that I love. I wouldn't want one mismatched glass in my cabinet, especially if it says someone else's name and wedding date on it.

• Well you need to ask for a refund.  I am assuming  you used a credit card so you can put a stop payment on that order.

As for the favors, you can let out a nice large sigh of relief because favors are not necessary.  And honestly you may be happy that you wouldn't have spent money on those favors, because typically non-edible favors get left behind and if they are taken they end up in the trash or in the goodwill pile.

• Get a refund immediately and save your money. Nobody wants a personalized wine glasses with your wedding date on it (I assume that's the personalization.)

• arrippa said:

I would get my money back first thing. Second, favors are not mandatory, so you can skip them. If you really want them, I would buy something edible. No offense, but I would not take home one of your stemless wine glasses. I have a matching set of wine glasses that I love. I wouldn't want one mismatched glass in my cabinet, especially if it says someone else's name and wedding date on it.

This.  Hooray, something to take off your plate and stop stressing about!  For real, this is totally unnecessary.  Get your money back and move on with your favor-less wedding.  If I couldn't sneak out of your wedding without the glass without feeling bad, I would toss it as soon as I got home.  Sorry, I just don't want one random wine glass that matches nothing else I have, and that also has your name or wedding date on it.  

• This is a blessing in disguise!  Get your money back!  I would not want one or 2 random wine glasses, and I would definitely not take them home if they have your name and wedding date on them.  Favors are not required, however if you still want to do something, edible is best.  Get some organza bags and put some wrapped chocolate in them.
  • Get a refund.  Then you can use that money as you see fit.  If you still want to give favors, something edible like candy or cookies would be good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards