DIY Wedding Forum
Options

Mexican/American DIY music order

edited June 2015 in DIY Wedding Forum
Ok, so I am of Mexican descent and enjoy Spanish speaking music a lot as does a lot of my family. We will be going the DIY music route and wanted to know from other brides (and if anyone is or knows a DJ that has advice on multicultural weddings) on how you would go about the music order. I LOVE LOVE LOVE both english and spanish. I will dance to pretty much anything. We started making a list of music and asked others for what they wanted to hear. In my head, I thought it would make sense to to a few Spanish then a few English, few Spanish, few English. So switching back and forth and ending with music that I know both sides will dance to like generic party music like LMFAO, etc. How did you music play out at your wedding or what advice do you have on the order of music? I don't think it's a huge deal as I know both sides will dance to each others music but for those who will on'y dance to specific types of music-what do you think?

Re: Mexican/American DIY music order

• Options
    DH is Mexican, many of his relatives are Puerto Rican and I'm a European Jewish mutt. We wanted something that appealed to everyone.

We gave our DJ lots of directions and, eventually, he pulled us aside: our direction sucked. My parents, their friends and our friends were salsa-in and dancing their asses off to everything.

We found that the tempo mattered much more than the language.

We worried too much and asked our Dj to just make the party great. That worked- and we had a great party. Don't overthink it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards