June 2012 Weddings
Options

How many items are on your registry?

(or how many in total if you registered at more than one store)
Also, how many guests are you inviting?

I feel like I dont have enough things! It was harder than I thought..

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How many items are on your registry?

• Options
    We have 185 at BB&B. That is the only store we are registered at. We have what we want on there. Don't feel like you have to have 2-3 items per guest, that's a crazy amount to me.

We are inviting 190 people and have no where near 600 items.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They recommended double the amount of your guests, which just isn't happening for 350 guests. We have 350 at BB&B, 24 on Amazon and probably around 20 at Home Depot. I can't check because their system is stupid outdated.

So a little less than 400 items. 300 shy of what they say but I don't care. I don't need that much stuff!
  • Options
    I think we have 350-400 total between the 2 registries
  • Options
    ncd5015ncd5015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Between our 3 registries, we have about 150 items and we're inviting about 250 people.  We might add some more items once we purchase our home, but right now everything we need/want is on our lists.  To find 2-3 items per person would be us adding unnecessary things/being greedy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have a small registry. We have about 65 items. There will be 100 people at the wedding, but 300 were invited. I'm really worried that we don't have enough items, but really that is all we want/need.
  • Options
    We only have one registry currently set up, and it's at BB&B, with 160 items on it ranging in price from $3 to just over $500 (which we definitely do not expect to get...).  There might be some other things we add eventually, I'm considering starting one at Target just for storage items (we need a lot of that!) but I think the number is fine.

Honestly though, counting registry items against your guest list makes WAY more sense if you think of it in terms of invites.  We have just over 100 guests invited, with about 50 invitations going out, and it's customary in my family to pool funds to pitch in for bigger gifts rather than just getting smaller ones.  Couples generally do not bring 2 gifts - they bring one, from both of them.  Even if you're not inviting children, that's cutting your "gifts per guest" in half right there.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    Thanks girls!! Im going to look through the website again, but I feel really uncomfortable registering for things I dont really need. BB&B is where we registered and they have a ton of cool kitchen/house things, but so much of we felt like we would never actually use.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_many-items-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b943390a-ad45-4a42-bbaa-c84de550b1a8Post:193b1500-a09d-41cd-a801-d3549f36af3c">Re: How many items are on your registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We only have one registry currently set up, and it's at BB&B, with 160 items on it ranging in price from $3 to just over $500 (which we definitely do not expect to get...).  There might be some other things we add eventually, I'm considering starting one at Target just for storage items (we need a lot of that!) but I think the number is fine. Honestly though, counting registry items against your guest list makes <strong>WAY more sense if you think of it in terms of invites</strong>.  We have just over 100 guests invited, with about 50 invitations going out, and it's customary in my family to pool funds to pitch in for bigger gifts rather than just getting smaller ones.  Couples generally do not bring 2 gifts - they bring one, from both of them.  Even if you're not inviting children, that's cutting your "gifts per guest" in half right there.
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]

That does make way more sense.. thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think about 200 total. I think it is ridculous to just register for things to try and get the number up. We are inviting 340 guests.
  • Options
    We have 181 on our BB&B registry and 52 on our target registry.  We are inviting 85 people.  However, some of the items we know we won't get but put it on there to get later with the registry discounts to finish off the registry.  Plus we are moving right after the wedding so we want some upgrades.
  • Options
    I just counted out of curiosity and because I wanted to be accurate. I didn't count the gifts we received for Christmas though.

We have 208 items on our registry at 3 different places. We registered at Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and Quintessentials (a local store for our everyday and flatware).

I think we'll be fine because some of are things that are a higher price tag, so people might go in on them, or if they get us that, they'll only get us that one thing.
  • Options
    I have approx 65 items on my registry. I have to edit a few things, so that number may go up or down a little. We are inviting 180 people with 87 invitations being mailed out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_many-items-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b943390a-ad45-4a42-bbaa-c84de550b1a8Post:3ab1bb80-79af-4c1a-a1bf-7b59d90546b4">Re: How many items are on your registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we have 350-400 total between the 2 registries
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

<div>That's a TON of stuff!!</div>
  • Options
    edited January 2012
     I only have about 116 items.  Between  three different resigetry.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have 130 things at Macys and about 70 at Williams Sonoma. We're inviting 195 and 94 invites are going out. Zim, this is a crap load of things!!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We have three registries (Macys, BBB, and Target) totally about 400 items for our wedding of 200 guests. We also have a Honeymoon registry. I like to give lots of options for people and we pretty much have the bare minimum in our apartment, but I wouldn't stress about reaching some magic number.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't register for gadgets or small kitchen things, so our numbers are low.  I imagine those of you who have hundreds of items have quite a few things that are under $30 on there?

96 guests in 52 households
    56 items on registry
    28 items received over Christmas

So, there are 28 items left.  I've been debating adding more items, but we really don't NEED more things. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_many-items-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b943390a-ad45-4a42-bbaa-c84de550b1a8Post:a2fbb2fe-2185-414d-bf2a-918fcc243c12">Re: How many items are on your registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We didn't register for gadgets or small kitchen things, so our numbers are low.  <strong>I imagine those of you who have hundreds of items have quite a few things that are under $30 on there?</strong> 96 guests in 52 households 56 items on registry 28 items received over Christmas So, there are 28 items left.  I've been debating adding more items, but we really don't NEED more things. 
    Posted by CvilleClaire[/QUOTE]

<div>I would say at least 75% of our registry is under $40. It's some smaller kitchen gadgets, towels, glassware, things like that. We do have some more expensive kitchen appliances and some really nice pots and pans and cutlery that we registered for that I'm sure we won't get a majority of.</div>
  • Options
    We have about 185 on BB&B and 30ish on Macy's.
  • Options
    We have about 200 items and are inviting 125 guests.  However, we've registered for some big tickets items including a bed and bar [obsessed with the bar from Crate and Barrell and I bet FI's friend will go in on it].

I admit I obsessively make sure I've got everything on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 Siggy Challenge - Wedding RingsPhotobucket
  • Options
    We have so many items because we just got the bare minimum of stuff when we moved in together. We have 140 on the guest list and not all will show but a lot of my parent's friends in Texas will still send gifts and whatnot. Plus those little gadgets and things like that add up fast
  • Options
    We have about 40 at Macy's and 100 at Crate and Barrel for our 234 person wedding.  We have some small gadgets, but we also have 16 glasses at Crate and Barrel.  For expensive things (over $100) we have:
    * Vacuum (already purchased at Macy's)
    * HUGE kitchen aid mixer (Macy's)
    * Keurig (Macy's)
    * Clothes steamer (Macy's)
    * Down Comforter (Macy's)
    * Duvet cover (Macys)
    * 3 sets of silverware (C & B)
    * Knife block (C & B)

We wanted to register for our HM but our TA hasn't responded to us and my mom already printed shower invitations so we decided not to do it.  We really don't need to much so when talking about the wedding/honeymoon, we've been telling people we splurged on our Hawaiian honeymoon so hopefully people will get the hint to that.
  • Options
    I've got 120 items on our Macy's registry, and am inviting 138 guests.  We'd rather receive cash for our house, and don't need much.  I don't really see my guests purchasing off the registry, but who knows!  I plan on purchasing most stuff on there lol.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I think we have about 100 total. We registered at BBB and Amazon.com . We only have that many because we registered for single dishes instead of sets. We refused to put what they told us on there. We have a 1000 sq. ft. house and we don't have space for stuff we don't need. I am trying to get rid of stuff so we have more space for kids. We will be moving into a larger house in 2-3 years to accomodate our growing family.

We are inviting 132 people to the wedding.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    We have about 120 things total between two registries.  I had to check to find out, and of course two more things were bought so I saw. hahaha  We have 150-175 people on the guest list.
  • Options
    We have 131 items on our BBB registry. I feel like this is a lot, but FI and I have nothing. We both still live at home with our parents. We are inviting about 200 guests but only expect for about 130 to come to the wedding.  Most of the items on our registry are kitchen supplies.
  • Options
    Also a lot of the items are duplicates on the registries. There is a Kohl's in town so people who can't drive 40 minutes to BBB can get something is Kohl's if they choose. 
  • Options
    Doeie, we registered for all our china as separates too. That added 50 more "pieces" just because of that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_many-items-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b943390a-ad45-4a42-bbaa-c84de550b1a8Post:030e64bc-c9c5-4f45-a6b0-230f31b725f3">Re: How many items are on your registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Doeie, we registered for all our china as separates too. That added 50 more "pieces" just because of that.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

I had a hell of a time finding ones I liked. FI doesn't like them, but that is okay. He wanted huge plates, so he could fit a lot of stuff on them. haha. Guys.... I was happy I liked the open stock, that way the consultant would get off our backs about putting hundreds of items on our registry! I even scanned two different types of open stock dishes because I changed my mind. It made it look like a ton of things were on our list. I went home and deleted a ton. :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards