Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wedding Reception at home? Any recommendations? Or anyone else do this?

annamariiieeeannamariiieee member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited June 2015 in Nevada-Las Vegas
So my original post was asking for help on inexpensive wedding reception sites. As most of you know a lot of these places only offer packages including the ceremony and/or are just not what I am entirely looking for. So I have decided we will have a semi-casual dinner as a group before heading to my fiances parents house for the rest of the night to unwind and party. I am growing on the idea but I guess I am still having a sort of hard time envisioning this reception how I want it. Probably because his parents backyard is all rocks and no grass so it's a little difficult for me to truly see it coming together. Has anyone had an at home reception and had any issues they thought they might have but it turned out better than they expected? It really will just be an after party after dinner. I will have mini bundt cakes as party favors, an outdoor bar area/table, and a guestbook table inside as well. We will serve small appetizers and snacks throughout the night in case guests get hungry during the festivities. I plan on stringing lights outside and hanging different sized paper lanterns. Our theme is sort of rustic so burlap tablecloths and chalkboard signs as well. Of course not too much I don't want to over do it but enough to give it that sort of wedding reception feel. Does anyone have any recommendations? I think I have it planned how I want it but anything would be helpful. Our wedding reception will be less than 30 people. So very small and intimate which is what we want.

Re: Wedding Reception at home? Any recommendations? Or anyone else do this?

• Options
    Does anyone know of any restaurants that offer private dining with a dance floor?

There aren't any.

Just kidding. Vegas has tons, both on and off the Strip. Snuggle up to Google and you'll find yourself spoiled for choice within an hour. 
  • Options
    I will have to expand my search! Thank you :)

• Options
    What is your total budget for food, drinks, reception? Magliano's seems to always be a fairly cheap and nice option. Carmine's has a nice balcony. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For in-suite (Vista Suite at Mandalay Bay is very inexpensive and popular!), and get in touch with Masterpiece!  I hear their food is amazing and it's very reasonable.  
  • Options
    If you need a physical dance floor I'd look at Maggiano's at Fashion Show and Joe's Stone Crab at Forum Shops, if you just need some open space for dancing then a catered in suite event would be great!

In suite is usually more economical- $450 is the low end of a suite rental but if your dates are flexible you should be able to find one in that range for a night, and catering from someone like Masterpiece and hiring a bartender to pour liquor store bought booze is considerably cheaper than restaurant F&B minimums.

We stayed in the Cosmo wraparound suite and it was fantastic and would work quite well for a cocktail reception that size- one tip is that it is a Marriott so if you look up the rooms through their website you can use AAA discounts and such.  Also since your FIs family lives there it's worth calling the hotels you're most interested in and seeing if they offer rates for locals (a family member would then need to check in with him instead of you, they will ask to see a Nevada ID for local rates); they may not on the suites but it doesn't hurt to ask!
  • Options
    We're doing ours at Bahama Breeze on Hughes Center Drive, cocktails and appetizers and dinner for about 50 and it comes to about $45 per person, which includes a $500 bar tab and the gratuity. We could choose 3 entrees and guests can pick at the event, no advance ordering needed. And their servers will cut and serve the cake, which we're having delivered from Freed's. We have their Main Deck, which is "climate controlled," an enclosed patio, with a/c. It's semi-private, because we're not taking the attached outdoor gazebo. If we wanted the entire space, we'd have had to pay for 100. As is, there's no charge for the space and there's plenty of room and tables can be arranged if one wanted a dance floor (we're not having dancing). There's even a little stage, of sorts, if you had a DJ or musician to set up. I think the limit is 3 hours, so that could play into things, but having looked at everything else, and tasting various dishes there on our weekend scouting trip in April, we went with them. It is a chain restaurant, which might be a consideration for some, the Darden Group (which used to have Red Lobster). When we visited, we were seated near a wedding dinner taking place in the main room, looked like three big tables put together, and everyone was having a great time. (Maybe it was the humongous, tropical cocktails...I swear, the one margarita glass looked like it would hold a whole bottle of tequila!)
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the help!! I think we are deciding to do a group dinner instead and then have everyone come back to his parents house to relax and party! We will buy the alcohol from Costco and serve appetizers throughout the night. I have a found a place that does mini bundt cakes I will be ordering for guests as favors. I like it much more than cupcakes and/or regular cake. It will save us a ton of money and I'll still be able to decorate how I want. I guess this way guests can stay as late as they'd like and we won't have to worry about cutting the reception short. Plus food will not be through the roof and no minimums for catering. I'm just worried it won't be as wedding-y as I'd like it. I know we are skipping the entire ceremony since we are doing a courthouse wedding first. I'm fine with that. I guess I just imagined it differently! Lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards