New Jersey

Mayfair farms/ il tulipano/ the mill at spring lake

My fiancé and I are looking to get married September 2016. My top choices are Mayfair Farms, il tulipano, and the mill at Spring Lake Heights. Any advice or comparison would be greatly appreciated! We are pretty budget conscious which is what makes me think il tulipano won't be do-able. BUT we haven't visited them yet so I won't let the websites info scare me away. Hoping to hear stories of gorgeous weddings where the venue has worked with your budget. Thanks!!

Re: Mayfair farms/ il tulipano/ the mill at spring lake

• We are getting married at Mayfair Farms in November of this year.  We looked at about 20 places combined until we came to Mayfair Farms.  We are having a large invite list and budget was top of our list and the quality of food.  The price we are paying for a Friday night is amazing and so much food is offered.  We have had our food tasting and it was amazing...my fiancé now compares it to other weddings when we go to them...lol  But in all seriousness the staff has been helpful and answering my questions.   And the grounds are amazing to take pictures on also.  Please let me know if you have anymore questions.
  • dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Where do you live & where is your ceremony?  If the majority of your guests are from the greater Essex County area don't drag them all down to Spring Lake, that is a giant p.i.t.a. for them. 
  • I'm getting married at the Mill next March.  There March prices aren't too bad, September was a little pricey, but they have different pricing for Fri/Sat/Sun which is good because you can switch the days to work within your budget.  They also have two different menus so the price varies depending on that.  Not sure how many people you are having but they have a downstairs room overlooking the lake (instead of the ballroom upstairs) that fits I believe up to 80 people and pricing for that is cheaper as well.  We loved the space there, and so far everything has been going great! 

They are very responsive  to e-mails right away, and anytime we have family in the area who has not seen it yet they let us come right over to show it to them.  Everyone I have met that works there has been very nice as well, and I also went to a bridal show there not long ago that had appetizers that are on the wedding menus and everything I tried was delicious! 

They also have a gorgeous outdoor ceremony area right on the lake, it is next the parking lot, but there are very big trees and a privacy fence so it seems as if you are in another world (I'm hoping it will be warm enough in March to have it outside).  Also the room where the cocktail hour is in is a beautiful atrium overlooking the lake.  It really is beautiful there and I recommend going to tour it.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards