Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Second Guessing Honeymoon

We booked our honeymoon about 2 months ago and just made the final payment last week, and now for some reason I'm totally second-guessing our choice!

We're going to the El Dorado Sea Side Suites in Riviera Maya. I was super excited to go there up until about a month ago and now I feel...hesitant.

It's a totally icky feeling because, when it comes down to it, I get to spend a week in all inclusive luxury with the best guy I know. I'm really thankful that we get to escape reality, so I wish that nagging would go away.

It's not like I wish we would have spent more on a different place, or paid more to upgrade to better accommodations...I don't know. I don't want to sound ungrateful because I'm so thankful that my wonder fiance and I are getting this opportunity!!!

Has anyone else felt this way? Or been to Sea Side Suites? Is this just mental wedding jitters crap? 

Re: Second Guessing Honeymoon

• Options
    What has made you feel this way?  Did you read bad reviews or have been told something not so great about your resort?

Or is it because you just paid a large sum on a vacation and now you are having buyers remorse?

I am thinking it is the latter.  Just remember that this is a vacation.  A vacation is as good or as bad as you make it (most of the time).  Know that crap may happen but in the end as long as you and your SO have a good time that is really all that matters.  So many couples put so much pressure on having the BEST HM EVER!  That they forget that it isn't a competition and that it is a luxury to be able to have one, regardless of where you go or how much you spend.  So stop worrying and start drooling over pictures of the pretty waters and sun and the cold drinks at the bar.

• Options
    @maggie0829 I'm not super worried about the money...the resort is beautiful and within our budget (woo hoo!). Reviews are almost entirely positive, although some are really bad. I can't put my finger on it.

I know it'll be the best ever because I'll be with my then-husband for an uninterrupted week (we've been long distance most of our relationship, so when we've been in the same place, I've usually been pulled in 500 different directions). 

Like I said, it's way weird. I just need to chill! lol
  • Options
    I wouldn't put too much stock in those really bad reviews.  All resorts have them because there are just some people in this world that think everything sucks and nothing ever is good enough for them.

Just keep thinking about all that fun time you get to spend with your soon to be husband and I am sure any weird feelings will disappear!

• Options
    tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    Your honeymoon will be amazing simply because it's your honeymoon. Like you've said, you will be with your HUSBAND! Just enjoy it. Don't be stressed and nit picky when you're there, of course there might be things you hate, but just focus on the positive and enjoy your vacation :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have you ever been on a vacation with your FI? Could just be pre-travel/pre-wedding jitters. I recall feeling a little "weird" before going on vacation with one of my boyfriends but then I was totally fine when I got there!  You did mention you've had a primarily long-distance relationship, so maybe there's something underlying given it's a straight week with only him and without anyone "pulling you in 500 different directions?"
  • Options
    dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Read all reviews with a grain of salt -- preferably around the rim of a margarita. 

I have been on fabulous vacations & read reviews from people who where there at the exact same time who said the trip sucked.  Some folks are just picky & most people are only motivated to post when they are angry. 

Never trust the ones that say everything was perfect or that everything was horrid.  In life there is always balance so don't freak.

If you are that worried spring for travel insurance but read the fine print.  If the place is unlivable, you will have an advocate to help you in the event of a crisis.

As long as the place is clean, you can probably make almost anything else work.  At worst it will be a funny story you tell your kids. 
  • Options
    I'm sure someone that can't afford a honeymoon would happily trade you places.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards