Snarky Brides
Options

Explaining PPD Snark

How do you explain to your fiance that the fact that his brother lied for 6 months about being married and is planning on having a "real wedding" eventually ...sucks?

I've tried to explain the breach in etiquette but he just doesn't get why I'm annoyed. Any help would be appreciated. Hope this is appropriate board.

Re: Explaining PPD Snark

• Options
    There's a PPD sticky at the top of the etiquette board that explains this in detail.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I would just ask him why he is ok with his own flesh and blood lying to his face.
  • Options
    Just tell him it sucks because being lied to always sucks. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I agree with scribe.  If your FI isn't phased or upset that his brother lied then he certainly isn't going to care if he is planning a PPD or not.

• Options
    Sometimes, people just aren't bothered by the same things. It can definitely be frustrating, especially if you feel that you aren't being validated in explaining why a PPD bothers you (and most others.)  But if your SO has all of the information you do, and still isn't feeling snarky towards his brother, there really isn't much you can do about that.

I get why everyone hates PPDs. I really do. They're tacky, they're generally dishonest, and they demean the sacredness of an actual ceremony. I would understand if you refuse to attend the festivities based on that. But in the end, your SO might not think that taking a stand on the issue is worth burning a bridge with his brother. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards