Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

love/hate my dress

I love my dress and how it fits....but I am now regretting how simple it is. I want more than just a belt to add "something" to my dress. Is it possible to add lace or embellishment or something to it? Belt isn't included w/ the dress so I would have to buy one. Does it look okay with just a blingy belt? Help :/

Re: love/hate my dress

• Options
    spglspspglsp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    A sparkly belt is more than enough here. When putting together an outfit, having too many focal points can look busy and distracting. Your dress has one prominent feature, two once you add the belt, anything else seems complicated and unnecessary.
    Just Married!

• Options
    I agree; a belt is more than enough. And unlike most wedding dresses, I'd say this one would look great with a statement necklace; the belt and the flared skirt are far enough away not to compete with a necklace. Whether you go for a necklace or other accessories, though, I think that's where you should embellish, not on the dress itself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I really think lace would look out of place on that dress with the two materials satin? and tulle already, and I think it would be difficult to add. 

I think a blingy belt would go well.  Also consider some big blingy earrings to match.

It's not really my style but I'm sure it will look lovely on you without needing to add a lot of things to it. Any extensive alterations to add stuff will get expensive.
  • Options
    Okay I will take a second look at it, perhaps with a different belt than the one the consultant put on me. I'll be sure to take a look at some jewelry to coordinate with it and see if that changes my perception. It's been a while since I have seen it on too....which makes me anxious!
  • Options
    The design of this would be super thrown off by adding lace. Add the belt but leave it alone after that - don't over think it. Dress it up with accessories: a necklace, a cuff, some dangly earrings...a birdcage veil would look cool with this dress.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I love your dress. When I was dreaming about wedding dresses, it was my ideal dress (sadly I don't have the body for this dress). Anyway, I would add a belt and add some sparkly jewelry and call it a day. If you add any more, it will be too much and take away from the overall look.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Simple?!? It ends in a giant fluff ball pouf. This dress isn't simple at all. It's lovely and doesn't need anything else.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree with starmoon, your dress is not simple.  Just because it may not be covered in lace and sparkles doesn't mean that it is simple.  Add the belt but then don't mess with it further.  Are you wearing a veil?  Are you wearing jewelry?  Hair accessories?  Remember that all of these things will add to the overall look of your attire so you don't want to go overboard.

• Options
    Your dress is gorgeous!!!!  I've had second thoughts about my own so I understand.  Less is more.  You are going to look stunning.  Let you be the best accessory :)
  • Options
    Okay ladies! I guess I didn't think about the veil and all the extra accessories :) thanks for the reassuring. If I do a sparkly belt can I still wear pearls (necklace/earrings) and it no look clashy? (I don't normally wear anything but studs so idk anything about coordinating bridal accessories so please help!)
  • Options
    alhaley88 said:
    Okay ladies! I guess I didn't think about the veil and all the extra accessories :) thanks for the reassuring. If I do a sparkly belt can I still wear pearls (necklace/earrings) and it no look clashy? (I don't normally wear anything but studs so idk anything about coordinating bridal accessories so please help!)
    Of course!  Not everything has to match.  And IMO pearls are a neutral and can go with just about anything.

So wear your pearl studs and then if you want to bring the sparkly belt and earrings together then you can get a simple pearl and rhinestone bracelet and/or hair comb/headband.

• Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • Options
    Also if you are not one to accessorize on a daily basis don't think that you have to on your wedding day.  I typically wear no jewelry except my wedding and e-ring.  So for my wedding I kept it simple by borrowing my Mom's tennis bracelet and I bought a banging wrap around headband as kind of like my statement piece.  And that was it.  And I mainly wore the bracelet just to fulfill the something borrowed because in pretty much all of my pictures you can't even see it.  So just be you and let your dress speak for its self.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards