Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW: I'm MARRIED!!

edited April 2017 in Not Engaged Yet
We are back from the wedding so I figured I'd post before I forget the details! 

Luckily the weather ended up being absolutely perfect (OK maybe a little too hot for the guys in their suits but it was pretty nice out!) and sunny- no rain whatsoever! I actually felt awful the night before- almost like I had food poisoning. I was so scared I was going to be sick on the wedding day. I ended up feeling better in the morning. We had been at the hotel since Thursday so on Saturday I got ready in my aunt's (also MOH) hotel room. Hair and MU arrived on time. Early in the morning I kept wondering when I was going to start feeling butterflies- I wasn't feeling anything at all. Once the photogs showed up it all became real and I started feeling it! I was worried the guys weren't going to be on time and everyone had to tell me to calm down. Our officiant stopped by the hotel to check in with us - she was seriously so awesome. She texted me when she knew the guys had left on time in the limo. 
We had two of my photog's assistants at the hotel- no sign of my actual photog- when I asked one of them if he was going to be at the venue for the first look he said he wasn't sure- he thought so...this is when I knew something was up. When me and my party arrived at the venue I talked to my coordinator about this and she said she would try to figure out what was going on. Well, when she came back to the bridal room with my officiant and kicked the other photogs out of the room I knew they were going to tell me he wasn't coming. I thought it was incredibly unprofessional of him (and I still haven't heard from him yet) but I chose to not let it bother me - we still had 2 photogs and we were still going to get married. So I headed over to the ceremony site for our first look. FI (well H now) was waiting by the lake with his back turned and I couldn't wait to see him! He started crying when he saw me so I started crying- he NEVER cries so I did not expect it at all! I can't wait to see photos of the first look! We then took some bridal party and family pics before getting out of there so guests could arrive. 
We went back to the bridal suite to refresh before heading back over for the ceremony. I rode over there separately with my dad in an antique car we rented from the venue.  When we got to the top of the aisle I started tearing up again (which made for some ugly crying face pictures) so I just kept looking at H and I could feel myself smiling like a crazy person. People were telling me after that I had the biggest smile on my face and it was so sweet. The ceremony was short and sweet- H was getting choked up and I'm pretty sure only I could hear him say his "I do's" since he could barely get them out :)
The rest of the night when by SO FAST! Once we got introduced to the reception we had our first dance immediately. Then the salads came out and I was so excited to eat but the photogs whisked us away for more photos. I was being bossy and directing everyone to get other family members for our other "must have" photos. I was trying to get everything done quickly so I could eat! When we did get to sit down I ate so fast so I could try to get all the table visits in and then party! Everyone said the food was great. We did open bar for beer, wine, soda, smirnoff ice/etc and the signature drink- Strawberry vodka lemonade. H thought not many people were going to drink the signature drink but the bar ran out of it! We also came in under the amount we had already paid for open bar so that was an awesome surprise. By the time I got to dance it seemed like the night just rushed past me. I was so sad when the DJ announced the last dance! I didn't want it to end. I had so much fun though, everyone was either dancing or sitting on the patio enjoying a cigar compliments of H. When the reception ended at midnight a lot of people kept the party going at the conference room that we had reserved at the hotel. H and I went back to our room at about 3 because I literally couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and we heard that people were still down there until about 4. The night was so fun and ended much too soon!

Re: AW: I'm MARRIED!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards