Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

What to do with my hair?

I haven't scheduled my hair and makeup trial with my stylist yet, but I'm trying to get some ideas about what to do with my hair. Here is my dress: 

http://www.allurebridals.com/products/9022

I have fairly long, brown hair, and usually wear it down. I was thinking about some kind of half-up style with my hair curled, but with it being my wedding day, I kind of want to do something a little different with my hair on the day. What do you guys think would be the better option?

Re: What to do with my hair?

• Options
    Oh and any recommendations as far as hair accessories would be greatly appreciated! This is my veil:

• Options
    If I were you I would wear my hair all up.  Why would you want to cover that back?!

Something like this would be really pretty...
    Then you could wear your veil (placed right above the curl portion) and then switch it out with a pretty hair comb for the reception/pictures 

• Options
    I agree with @Maggie0829. I love that hairstyle anyway but I think it would look great with the dress you picked out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I really appreciate the ideas. I never do anything with my hair on a daily basis, so I'm not good at picturing how different hairstyles will look with different outfits. I really love that updo, too! I knew that, if I did go with an updo, I would want something soft like that, not severe and tightly pulled back. Thanks again, ladies! :)
  • Options
    I say all up or all down like the model has it in the photo. But many advantages of having it up, it's out of your way for the day, you don't have to worry about your hair losing it's curl, or if it's windy that your hair will get messed up. Or if it's hot, just think of how nice it will feel to have your hair off your neck. For hair accessories, a nice vintage type pin/brouch at the top would be nice. But to be honest, it's hard to recommend accessories without knowing what hairstyle you end up going with.
  • Options
    I also say all up and love Maggie's suggestion. Given that your dress is quite embellished and you'll be wearing a veil at least for the ceremony, I wouldn't add additional hair accessories.
  • Options
    I agree. I never do anything with my hair daily except a pony tail. Curls? French twist? Just some ideas.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards