Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Song for bride too long

I really want to walk down the aisle to a four minute song. Is there any way to take up extra time so we aren't just standing there staring at each other while the song finishes? I could cut part of it out, but I really don't want to because it has lyrics and that is the reason I am using the song is because of the lyrics.

Re: Song for bride too long

• Our entire processional was to one song - parents, bridesmaids, flower girls, me.  Is that something that would work with your song? 
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • I used only one song for our processional. Other than that, it would be really weird to drag that out to 4 minutes. Maybe you can use it in another part of the day?
  • You won't be able to use the whole song. Measure your aisle and figure out how long it takes you to walk that distance. If it's a typical church, it's probably 20 seconds or so. Mayyyyybe 40 seconds if you dawdle. 

So pick your favorite part of it and tell the DJ "start at 1 min 32 seconds and end when I get up there". 

Because you're right, it would be incredibly awkward and people would probably think there was problem with your sound system if you just stood up there and let it finish out.

Or use this song for the recessional so it can play out as people leave.
    *********************************************************************************

• Way too long.  Went to a wedding where bride and father walked down to Butterfly Kisses and they stood there at the front until it ended.

Weird and boring for guests. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards