Wedding Woes

Hellooooo Wednesday

It's a lovely, cool morning here. DefConn said it was 'cold' when we went to get in the car...I think he meant, "not muggy as hell and already warm for 7am". 

Dad's surgery went fine.  He was back at home and on FB last night.  So all is well. 

DH's interview went all right, but even if they make an offer, we probably won't pursue it.  There's too many factors in the 'nay' column.  So maybe his shitty job isn't so shitty?  ;) 

I'm happy it's all settled for the moment. 

Now, we just look forward to vacay.  I need to find a decent, big beach bag that doesn't cost too much. 

What's up with y'all today? 

Re: Hellooooo Wednesday

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Yo!  It's definitely cooler here, but also raining (AGAIN!) and with threats of severe weather.  My job depends on nice weather, no wet conditions, so it's not going well of course.  But last I checked you can't order weather you want, so you just goooo with the flooowwww.

I'm glad to hear your dad's surgery went well.  The return to FB was a bit laughable.

Perspective definitely helps with gauging how sucky your job is compared to others within your industry.

I pulled out the egg to cook in last night and being covered for a bit didn't go well (moldy), so I had to let it cook at high temps for about an hour+ and then made dinner.  I'm not dead so I suppose that worked?

Also, friend who lost her job with Target is anticipating an offer from a company in Maine.  And while I'm super excited for her, and visiting Maine will be teh ossum, I'm sad that she'll be so far away.  I know she feels the same, and I have a feeling she'll be all kinds of frantic in the whole moving process. Especially since she's going without her H and he'll move out later (not sure how or if that'll work, but not my problem).

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Day 3 of vacation bible school. I'm such a cliche-driving a minivan with 3 kids jamming to bible music. 1&2 are loving it though. 3 hates to be alone. Hopefully swimming today will make things better
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I think that's unbearably grin-worthy 6.  :)
  • @mrs.conn23, glad the surgery went well.  That's too bad about mr.conn's interview, but better to find out now than after he starts working there, eh?

I have a big fat nothing here.  DD is doing outdoor adventure camp this week and it is hotter than hell.  I got her a Hydro Flask, and it actually does keep her water cold all day, believe it or not.

It's is one full month until we leave for the mountains, and I wish it were today instead.   
  • @mrs.conn23 - I got this bag from Target a couple years ago and it has held up well.  It can hold 5 beach towels, our sunscreens and a couple other small things.

• I was looking at that one @tawillers. :)
  • tawillers said:
    @mrs.conn23 - I got this bag from Target a couple years ago and it has held up well.  It can hold 5 beach towels, our sunscreens and a couple other small things.

We have two of these that I've also had for about two years, and they are effing indestructible.  We've taken them to the beach, pool, swim meets, etc. and they are still going strong.  They were also $9.99 back then, a crazy-good value.

• Heffalump said:
    tawillers said:
    @mrs.conn23 - I got this bag from Target a couple years ago and it has held up well.  It can hold 5 beach towels, our sunscreens and a couple other small things.

We have two of these that I've also had for about two years, and they are effing indestructible.  We've taken them to the beach, pool, swim meets, etc. and they are still going strong.  They were also $9.99 back then, a crazy-good value.

It's BOGO 50% off too!  :D  
  • 6fsn6fsn member

2% back through ebates.  I just ordered 2.

• 6fsn6fsn member

I had an e-gift card I completely forgot about so I'm still up $5

• @mrs.conn23 - with all of the DSW purchases, I'd figure you'd have a few nice totes laying around. I got an awesome one in March when I went shoe shopping 2 days before breaking my ankle. 
  • LOL.  I only have one that I got back in March/April and that's my shoe bag for traveling.  IDK what happened to my others.  I bet I purged them with the move.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards