• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Customs and Traditions

My Brother is my Maid of Honor...what kind of gift?

My wonderful younger brother is my "bride's attendant," aka MOH. What kind of gift to give him?

I feel like he deserves something more than a standard groomsman gift. Also he is an attorney who makes plenty of money, so it's not about the value. I need something with good sentimental value. 

My current front runner for the gift is to find a great pic of us from childhood, get a high-quality black and white print, and put it in a really nice silver frame. 

What do you think?Ideas?

Re: My Brother is my Maid of Honor...what kind of gift?

• TrixieJessTrixieJess member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    edited June 2015
    What would you get him for his birthday or Christmas? You should get him a gift that reflects his personality not the wedding. Please don't feed into the idea that you have to get him something "wedding" related.

ETA: if you would give him the pic and frame as a normal gift, it sounds great.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    All wedding party members should get something that you would give them for their birthdays or Christmas; none should get "standard" WP gifts.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    [Deleted User]
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston member
    10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    Don't make your gift about the wedding. Make it something he would appreciate regardless of why you're giving it to him.
  • MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot Atlanta member
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    "Standard" WP gifts are crap, and should be avoided for everyone, not just your brother.

I like the idea of doing a nice photo of the two of you. You could also look into doing a canvas print or somehow making it into a piece of art. I also really like to do "experience" gifts, especially for people that don't really need stuff. Maybe you could take him to a show or a game?
    [Deleted User]
  • My brother is one if my brides men.  I got an engraved frame with the following: "The only thing better than having you as my brother is having you stand with me on my wedding day.  
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston member
    10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    What would you give him if he weren't in the wedding party?
  • My wonderful younger brother is my "bride's attendant," aka MOH. What kind of gift to give him?

I feel like he deserves something more than a standard groomsman gift. Also he is an attorney who makes plenty of money, so it's not about the value. I need something with good sentimental value. 

My current front runner for the gift is to find a great pic of us from childhood, get a high-quality black and white print, and put it in a really nice silver frame. 

What do you think?Ideas?
    Does he golf?  Get him a golf club or a box of really nice golf balls or greens fees at a location near him or gift card to a driving range.  Does he drink good scotch?  Get him a bottle of his favorite.  Does he like football?  Get him tickets to a game or the jersey of his favorite player or a tailgating grill and an order of Omaha Steaks.  You have So. Many. Choices.  Don't limit yourself because it's a gift for your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards