Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

My Brother is my Maid of Honor...what kind of gift?

My wonderful younger brother is my "bride's attendant," aka MOH. What kind of gift to give him?

I feel like he deserves something more than a standard groomsman gift. Also he is an attorney who makes plenty of money, so it's not about the value. I need something with good sentimental value. 

My current front runner for the gift is to find a great pic of us from childhood, get a high-quality black and white print, and put it in a really nice silver frame. 

What do you think?Ideas?

Re: My Brother is my Maid of Honor...what kind of gift?

• TrixieJessTrixieJess member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    What would you get him for his birthday or Christmas? You should get him a gift that reflects his personality not the wedding. Please don't feed into the idea that you have to get him something "wedding" related.

ETA: if you would give him the pic and frame as a normal gift, it sounds great.
  • All wedding party members should get something that you would give them for their birthdays or Christmas; none should get "standard" WP gifts.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Don't make your gift about the wedding. Make it something he would appreciate regardless of why you're giving it to him.
  • "Standard" WP gifts are crap, and should be avoided for everyone, not just your brother.

I like the idea of doing a nice photo of the two of you. You could also look into doing a canvas print or somehow making it into a piece of art. I also really like to do "experience" gifts, especially for people that don't really need stuff. Maybe you could take him to a show or a game?
  • My brother is one if my brides men.  I got an engraved frame with the following: "The only thing better than having you as my brother is having you stand with me on my wedding day.  
  • What would you give him if he weren't in the wedding party?
  • My wonderful younger brother is my "bride's attendant," aka MOH. What kind of gift to give him?

I feel like he deserves something more than a standard groomsman gift. Also he is an attorney who makes plenty of money, so it's not about the value. I need something with good sentimental value. 

My current front runner for the gift is to find a great pic of us from childhood, get a high-quality black and white print, and put it in a really nice silver frame. 

What do you think?Ideas?
    Does he golf?  Get him a golf club or a box of really nice golf balls or greens fees at a location near him or gift card to a driving range.  Does he drink good scotch?  Get him a bottle of his favorite.  Does he like football?  Get him tickets to a game or the jersey of his favorite player or a tailgating grill and an order of Omaha Steaks.  You have So. Many. Choices.  Don't limit yourself because it's a gift for your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards