Plus-Sized

Fashion critique please (PsIP)

Hi everyone.  Hope you are all having a great morning.  I am starting to put things in order to travel to the wedding Friday (it's in my hometown)  I need some feedback on my get away outfit.  I'm not sure about the hoisery.  I think it might be too much. Any feedback welcomed except if you hate the dress because I love it.  Ha.

ETA: They overbooked me today so I might be slow replying.

Re: Fashion critique please (PsIP)

• edited December 2011
    I think the hosiery is overkill.. Maybe just do black with a seam up the back or something?  - I LOVE the dress :)
  • I actually like the tights, but I don't feel like the pattern on the shoes go with the dress/tights. A solid black pair of shoes would look better.
  • I think I would go with solid black tights.  That or keep the tights and go with a solid black shoe.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I love the dress.... love the hose.... love the shoes
    but the hose take away from the pattern on the dress.  I agree with PP I would go with plain black shoes, I am not a huge fan of black hose, so I think I would stick with nude.
  • I agree with PPs. The nylons pull away from the pattern of the dress. Plain black or black with a seam up the back would probably be best.
  • Love the dress.
    Ditch the hoisery.
    Shoes are nice.
    Necklace is nice - but if it goes down too low you may not really see it with the dress - maybe something that hangs higher would be more noticable (Unless you are going for that 'look' but that was just my observation without knowing it's length)
    Again, LOVE the dress lol
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • I love the dress! I agree with PPs also, the stockings take away from the dress and a plain pair of black shoes would be best. I like the idea of hose with the seam up the back. I love that look.
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • I love the dress and I love the tights, just not together... I think black would look awesome and make all the detail of the dress pop out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i say ditch the stockings..the dress is cute.
  • Love the dress, love the shoes, the hosiery is nice but not with the rest of the outfit. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks all. I was iffy about the hose but I also tend to be very boring with clothes and have recently been pushing myself to be more outgoing fashion wise. I think I will go with a nude hose because there's not a place near hear that sells cute black hose. I ordered the other ones from torrid which I will pair with an all black dress I just got because its basic and can use a kick up.

• I like the dress but I don't like the hose though. I think maybe a nude hose would like much better. I know you said you'd go with nude because no place around you sells black hose but I think you are going in the right direction with the nude color.
  • I agree with everyone else the dress and the hose are cute on their own but each needs something solid with it , otherwise there is just too much going on.
    imageAnniversary
  • I absolutely LOVE the dress. I even like the hose, I have a simiilar pair i wear all the time, but I wouldn't pair it the dress. Also I think maybe a plain black shoe would look better. But a lot of cute pieces though.
    October '12
    ~MARRIED 10.11.12~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_fashion-critique-please-psip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:4ea8dd74-0c84-46b6-845a-b53b2051b20dPost:27134c65-04a7-45e6-9b84-24424fc68e29">Re: Fashion critique please (PsIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks all. I was iffy about the hose but I also tend to be very boring with clothes and have recently been pushing myself to be more outgoing fashion wise. I think I will go with a nude hose because there's not a place near hear that sells cute black hose. I ordered the other ones from torrid which I will pair with an all black dress I just got because its basic and can use a kick up.
    Posted by sweetredhead[/QUOTE]

Very cute w/ nude hose...I love it!!  :)  Excited?  I bet there is sooo much going on right now!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • the hose are super cute, but not with the dress.
    love the idea of the ones that have a seam down the back
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_fashion-critique-please-psip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:4ea8dd74-0c84-46b6-845a-b53b2051b20dPost:27134c65-04a7-45e6-9b84-24424fc68e29">Re: Fashion critique please (PsIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks all. I was iffy about the hose but I also tend to be very boring with clothes and have recently been pushing myself to be more outgoing fashion wise. I think I will go with a nude hose because there's not a place near hear that sells cute black hose. I ordered the other ones from torrid which I will pair with an all black dress I just got because its basic and can use a kick up.
    Posted by sweetredhead[/QUOTE]

<div>Love the hose and the dress, but maybe not together. I think nude would look nice :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Those nylons with a basic black dress (for another time) though? Love that idea! (I'm a bit obsessed with leggings/tights :))</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_fashion-critique-please-psip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:4ea8dd74-0c84-46b6-845a-b53b2051b20dPost:c40d22bb-06c3-4fd4-bba3-4f5f4adce730">Re: Fashion critique please (PsIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with PPs. The nylons pull away from the pattern of the dress. Plain black or black with a seam up the back would probably be best.
    Posted by AmethystMSU[/QUOTE]

This.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_fashion-critique-please-psip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:4ea8dd74-0c84-46b6-845a-b53b2051b20dPost:9dbb4cea-8884-4bf6-b6b3-79d947ac724d">Re: Fashion critique please (PsIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the dress and I love the tights, just not together... I think black would look awesome and make all the detail of the dress pop out!
    Posted by km2124[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Things are getting crazy chickentwin. All the last minute stuff is happening today after work. Ok. I'm going tan hose with the dress. The necklace it shorted than the pic so hits just above the bust line, and the shoes only because I have fallen in love with them and I only have black sandals which is not wintery enough. Plus they are so cute!!! New post coming about parents' gift. Sorry but I need help with decisions because I am super stressed right now.

• I'm going to go with all the PPs. Solid blck shoes would match nice. i dont think the shoes go with the dress. even with regular black tights.
    I think going w a hose with the line up the back would be sexy!
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • I am not going to read all the comments because I am lazy but:

Dress is fine

Hose are WAY overboard on the pattern

Shoe pattern doesn't go with it AT ALL and the shoe reminds me more of a school marm than a young woman

The necklace is ok.  That dress demands something more bold, but to each his own.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards