Wedding Woes

Tuesday Randoms

1.  We spent the weekend at a tournament in WI.  We didn't do well, as we played up an age group.  Some people think it was good experience, personally I think our team would have benefited more from gaining confidence from some wins since this was our first outing as a team, but whatev. Our state tournament is next weekend.

2.  DH and I had eye dr appts yesterday and my eyes feel so much better after getting some new contacts.  But I think ins is going to deny DH's claim because I thought his last appointment was in March last time when in fact it was August.  So he had his exam 6 weeks early.  Ugh.  Dumb mistake.

3.  I need a new way to do my hair for every day until I can get a cut.  I feel like I just had it cut, but it was 6 weeks ago, so I shouldn't be surprised that it's already long again.  I have to keep it a certain length or the curl just doesn't look nice anymore.

4.  Baseball will be over in 2 weeks.  We will have a break until mid-august when fall ball starts.  I am putting DH to work building me a couple things for the house.  He will be bored so he's happy to do it and I just need to paint/stain something.  It has been too long.

Re: Tuesday Randoms

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    2.  I love new contacts.  I actually took mine out straight after the movie theater last night and had H drive home because they were being so awful.  BOO on the whole 6 week snafu, that blows.

3.  You have naturally wavy/curly hair, yes?  I find layering helps a ton, it helps you avoid triangle head from curly hair.

My own:

H has decided that since he's in a lull with the Shop building, he'll start thinking of other projects to do inside.  So in the next year, we'll pull up some vinyl, lay tile, then rip out wallpaper and vinyl in another bathroom and lay more tile and paint.

The worst one will be the kitchen backsplash and remove the popcorn ceiling.  THAT will be awful. 

• ftrMrs0 said:

3.  You have naturally wavy/curly hair, yes?  I find layering helps a ton, it helps you avoid triangle head from curly hair.

Yep, naturally wavy/curly.  I should give layers another try.  I have done them but it was weird because my underneath curls in the back are a little different.  However, I have been doing some new things for about 6 months (one of them is using a t-shirt to scrunch, as TT suggested) and my curls have been so much better and more natural-looking.  No more crunchiness.
  • ftrMrs0 said:
    The worst one will be the kitchen backsplash and remove the popcorn ceiling.  THAT will be awful. 

just burn the house down.
  • 0Face0Face member
    I'm sure H would LOOOVE that recommendation, Hmo.  :)
  • I am bored at work.  I don't have enough to do; I have one freaking project that I don't WANT to do, it just got dropped in my lap b/c no one else wants to do it either.  I'm trying to motivate myself for it this afternoon.

So, I had offered to plan a bridal shower/bachelorette party for a friend who isn't having a wedding party.  She and I were together at an event on Sunday and when I asked her something about it (b/c this should be taking place in September, I'm trying to get some rough ideas for numbers and what she kind of wants so I can start researching some venues), she acted all weird and odd about it.  You guys, I'm 38 freaking years old, I am just not going to get pulled into weirdness around wedding shit.  I don't care if you want someone else to plan it now, just tell me so I can take it off my list of things to do and stop worrying about it.  I've got plenty of other things to do, thanks.

Also, DH has been asked to apply for a job at the university and he's decided to do that.  I'm soooooooooooooo freaking excited.  Two full time incomes again sounds like a goddamn dream come true.

• HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2015
    VarunaTT said:
    I am bored at work.  I don't have enough to do; I have one freaking project that I don't WANT to do, it just got dropped in my lap b/c no one else wants to do it either.  I'm trying to motivate myself for it this afternoon.

BOXBOXBOXBOXBOXBOX

Same boat.  I don't like what I need to be working on, so I'm forcing my way through it.

My randoms:

DS was a super crabby pants this morning.  He woke up damp, so I changed his clothes right away; that set him off, never to recover.  The rest of the morning, it was drama over everything.  As soon as I got in my car, I waved to the three of them and put on an NPR podcast, just to hear the opposite of toddler ranting.

I have a tentative agenda for Grown-Up Day this Thursday: 
    Drop off kids
    BCBC
    DH's Italian ingredients place
    Sushi at a place we haven't tried yet
    Costco (!)
    ???
    Pick up kids

After I texted DH the above, I sent a second text using emojis for all of that.  Because I could.  And because it seemed like more fun than the project I'm avoiding.

DD needs some one on one time, so we're taking advantage of having Friday off, and I'm taking her to see Inside Out.  Probably TCBY afterward--she is obsessed with the swirl combos, and the toppings.

My boss has been OOO for a week and a half with "kidney stones," but we're starting to hear rumors that it's something more/different.  ??? 

DH's team is volunteering at a soup kitchen this morning. 
  • 6again6again member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment

Yesterday morning we went to my mom's for the day.  I knew I'd be back this pm so didn't take my computer.  My boss is supposed to be on vacation.  At 8:30 am there were 30 emails and "Hey, are you alive? I haven't heard back from you in awhile."  Less than 24 hrs buddy.

The kids and I all had eye exams this morning.  They can see fine, but my right eye is up to -8.5.  Which is good because now they are equal.  I hate getting dilated though HATE!!  at least there is no more eye puff thingy. 

I was hoping to get rained out of swimming with MIL Thursday.  NOW it looks nice though.  I don't wanna go.

• 0Face0Face member
    edited June 2015
    Another random:

H and I went to a movie last night.  Just before previews were over two ~14 y.o. boys come in stomping all around the back of the theater up the stairs, and then down the stairs.  It was quite obvious they were doing it to get attention.  They then returned with another in their group which was a girl.

At some point during the movie, they were being overly loud, so H swiveled in his seat and proceeded to give them the mean mug/evil eye, at which point the girl loud-whispered "BE QUIET!". Oh man, I caught a glimpse of his face and HOOOWHEEE I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that.

He told me the trick is to look, and just when you think they get it...KEEP LOOKING.
  • 1.  I'm bingeing Parenthood.  I never watched it the first time around.  This means I want to cry about 10x per day.  

2. We keep getting the same form e-mail about a lady who 'pasted away'.  It's an auto-response thing.  I wish someone would turn it off or something. 

3. I'm beyond ready for vacation.  It's all I can think about. 

4. My barn is 75% painted.  DH refuses to put anything in it until it's 'done'.  The rain hasn't helped anything, but I also want to beat him something fierce. It doesn't need to be painted to be used. 

5. We can get new phones tomorrow.  Thank god, because mine is pissing me off to no end. 
  • 0Face0Face member

2. We keep getting the same form e-mail about a lady who 'pasted away'.  It's an auto-response thing.  I wish someone would turn it off or something. 

• 1.  I'm bingeing Parenthood.  I never watched it the first time around.  This means I want to cry about 10x per day.  

BOXES

Parenthood!  Is the last season up yet?  Season 5 of Downton Abbey was just added to Amazon Prime relatively recently, so I've been busy with that.  But I will abandon it temporarily if they have the last season of Parenthood over on Netflix.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2015
    Heffalump said:
    1.  I'm bingeing Parenthood.  I never watched it the first time around.  This means I want to cry about 10x per day.  

BOXES

Parenthood!  Is the last season up yet?  Season 5 of Downton Abbey was just added to Amazon Prime relatively recently, so I've been busy with that.  But I will abandon it temporarily if they have the last season of Parenthood over on Netflix.
    It was only 5 seasons, right?  If so, then yes, it's all up. 

I'm currently on season 3.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards