Nevada-Las Vegas

Photographer AND Videographer?

edited June 2015 in Nevada-Las Vegas
I have been reading many tales of brides regretting not having a videographer capture their special day.

Does anyone have any experience or either not having a videographer, or, having one? And which is best?

I will be having my wedding live streamed on the internet as we are getting married at the bellagio, but I would am now thinking I should hire a videographer so I can remember the day/reception forever?

Our reception is in maggianos, is it a good idea or not to use a videographer there?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Re: Photographer AND Videographer?

• Well the bad news is that at Bellagio, I'm pretty sure you're not going to be allowed to have a true videographer shoot your ceremony either way, unless you spend thousands on having Cashman do it.  The 'video' you get is from a fixed point, the same cameras that take the streaming video, so it's better than nothing but nothing to write home about.

If you have it in your budget, I would definitely have a videographer for the first couple hours of photos, cocktail, reception.  My wife and I don't tend to break out the photos and videos that often during the year, but every anniversary we do, and the video is so much better than photos from a reminiscing perspecive.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• If you have a tech-savvy friend who's going to be streaming the wedding from home, you could have them capture it on their computer while they're watching. Sneaky, and might have gaps if their internet connection hiccups, but it's one way to compromise and it's free. :D

We're not having a videographer because I'd rather spend the money on other things (like having our penthouse for the whole week we're there instead of just 3 days), but man, I do think about it. If a few thousand bucks dropped on our wedding out of the blue I would probably get one.
  • I was indifferent about this until we received our DVD of the ceremony and I LOVE it. The whole ceremony was a blur for me (I was so damn nervous) and being able to watch it and hear the vows again, it is just awesome. I have watched is so many times already. I would say if anything, get it of your ceremony. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • adverbadverb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Originally I wasn't going to do a videographer, but I decided to go with one because a lot of people are not going to be able to make it to the ceremony. I found one on Groupon so its a bit of a gamble. 

Heard really good things about Langdon Video Services (didn't end up going with them but their prices are very reasonable - especially if it's on a weekday)
  • We used All Night Long Entertainment and it was perfect. It was funny as I was a little frantic the next day as I don't remember seeing the videographer at all....but in fact there were 2 there and they did great. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also was not concerned about video, but we can't live stream for those who can't make it and my bridesmaids convinced me to at least look into it. The Mob Museum contracts Imagine Studios for the photography included w/package, so I asked them about recording just the ceremony. They sent me a very reasonable quote for a half hour, $125, so I thought that well worth it, to have it for family and friends, as well as ourselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards