Hawaii

Small Maui Wedding Ceremony - Suggestions please! :)

Hi everyone! I plan on getting married in Maui, Hawaii in June 2016. I had initially wanted to elope with just the groom and I but family changed our mind. We would like to go there and just have a very small beach ceremony and invite anyone who wants to go. It would probably be the parents and a few family members and close friends. I want this to be as stress free as possible for the groom and I (that's why I wanted to elope). Any ideas on some low cost suggestions? Ceremony then dinner or luau with the fam? A good photographer?

Re: Small Maui Wedding Ceremony - Suggestions please! :)

• I replied to the post in the Destination wedding section. :-)
  • Just a note about  beach weddings in Hawaii.  You need a permit ($20 I believe) and you are not allowed any structures (chairs, arches, etc.), so keep that in mind if you are inviting guests as they will have no where to sit.  These are available on private beaches, but your cost will then go up.  

Dinner will be cheaper than a luau, though if you wanted to pick the luau, you would likely have access to a private beach at some (I know Paradise Cove on Oahu offers this option) for your ceremony, but again, cost goes way up with this option

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards