Illinois

Help! Our western suburbs wedding is going to be SO expensive!

Hey everyone,

I recently got engaged, and my fiancé and I have been looking at venues for our ceremony and reception for approx 220 guests in the Downers Grove/Westmont type area. I know our large number of guests is part of the reason our wedding is going to cost so much, but it's really outrageous after calculating everything. We want to try to stay away from banquet halls and prefer to have windows in whatever venue we choose, so we have decided to aim more towards hotels with ballrooms (also for the convenience factor for out of town guests). Does anybody know of any relatively inexpensive options? Everything we have seen is $100-$130 per plate plus service and tax. Plus all the other things you have to pay for at a wedding (photographer, DJ, etc.)

Thanks in advance for any ideas/tips you provide! :)

Re: Help! Our western suburbs wedding is going to be SO expensive!

• Try Riverside Receptions in Geneva... floor to ceiling windows looking out to the fox river. Their package is about $65 per plate, but there is TONS in the package, and the manager is willing to make a package that is affordable for you.
  • I live in Willowbrook and we actually decided to go with a venue in Frankfort because this area is so much more expensive. The venue we picked limits your use of caterers to three on their list but the most expensive plate we've seen so far is $34 for a steak entree. Of course, that's just the entree price, but it looks like we will come out at under $45 per plate. The premium bar/linens/chairs/tables are all included in the venue fee so that saves us on the per plate cost as well. I'm not sure what kind of wedding you're going for, but you could also cater in some BBQ or Italian beef, that is cheaper and gives you the big price taste. Caterers can make the cheapest food look so classy with a variety of beautiful serving dishes. 
  • Most of our venues are just over the WI/IL border. Rockford has some great venues including a gorgeous botanical dome. Our photographer, Light Source Photography, was our absolute favorite choice. As far as DJs, we had a great one - BR Productions. As far as officiants, we had a judge (super economical).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards