Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Makeup cost etiquette question

My sweet and handsome FI told me that he wants to treat me and my bridesmaids to wedding day makeup. I am not making makeup a requirement, but I do know that pretty much all my bridesmaids want their makeup done. I met with the makeup artist last night and she let me know that if anyone wants fake eyelashes, it's an extra $10, and if anyone wants airbrush foundation, it's an extra $15. 

Do you think it's fair for me to let the bridesmaids know that my FI will pay for the base cost plus tip, but if they want eyelashes and/or airbrush, that those expenses will be on them? I think it's reasonable, but I'm not sure if it would come off as rude, like saying we'll pay for part, but not all of it. Not sure how to word it either in my email to the bridal party. Thanks!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Makeup cost etiquette question

• I think that is very reasonable.

I would just say "Hey, FI is covering the cost of makeup and tip.  Fake eyelashes ($10) and airbrush foundation ($15) are extra though, so if you want either of those options you will need to cover that cost."

• That is very nice of him and I don't think it's out of line to say that if they want the extras they have the option but will need to cover that cost. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think that is very reasonable.

I would just say "Hey, FI is covering the cost of makeup and tip.  Fake eyelashes ($10) and airbrush foundation ($15) are extra though, so if you want either of those options you will need to cover that cost."
    I think this would be a great way to phrase it to your maids. That's very kind of your FI to offer to cover the cost of that for all of you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I find it odd that things aren't included - for my wedding those where included in the base. Airbrush is 1000x better than regular foundation. I paid for all hair and make-up so I would just do that - especially if you want to all look nice for your wedding. I would never ask my bridal party to pay for anything. 
  • I find it odd that things aren't included - for my wedding those where included in the base. Airbrush is 1000x better than regular foundation. I paid for all hair and make-up so I would just do that - especially if you want to all look nice for your wedding. I would never ask my bridal party to pay for anything. 

Falsies are extra because not everyone needs them.  Airbrush would be extra because it's more equipment and a different skill set.

I also paid for hair and makeup for my bridesmaids - the ones who wanted it, anyway.  And the ones who didn't?  Looked just as nice as the ones who got it professionally done.  The bolded makes no sense.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • If I were your BM I wouldn't be offended by that. Just give them some notice so that they can plan for the expense if they want either or both of those options. Also maybe find out if any of the girls are going to want airbrush, if not, then your makeup artist won't have to bring her airbrush equipement, saving her some stuff to carry.
    So if people were to do their own makeup and hair then they wouldn't look just as nice as those who got it professionally done?  Judgmental much?

I didn't wear fake eyelashes for my wedding because I hate them.  So I guess I just didn't look as nice as I could of, huh?

As for airbrush, depending on the stylist, airbrush can either look great or not so great.  It is also dependent upon people's skin and the product being used.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards