Chit Chat
Options

How was your weekend?

I'm so tired.    My body hurts.   It sucks getting old people.

I worked late on Saturday and then first thing Sunday morning.  It was one of those nights where you finally fall asleep, then wake up only to find out you were only asleep for 2 hours.  Then you watch the clock telling yourself  you have to up in 4 hours, then 3 hours and 2.5 hours.   Of course, you finally go to sleep and 2 hours later the stupid alarm goes off.

Sadly, not many people on the golf course.  Which made me even more tired because I was bored.   Then it rained.   I'm sitting out on the golf course in the rain (in a cart, but no sides) because there were still golfers.   What is with golfers playing the rain?   I just wanted to cry.

I did get a good night sleep last night, but still feeling a little tired.  DH is still sleeping right now.  I'm so jealous.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options
    Mine was fine. Low key BBQ Saturday and a lazy day yesterday. Today I'm working on school stuff. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    We live in BC but are getting married in Alberta (1 province over), so this weekend we drove over the border to the closest city and got our marriage license! Woo! We are still 10 weeks out, but FI already has his August Schedule and it looks like he is going to be out of town 3 of the 4 weekends, so we figured we should get it now rather than trying to get it the weekend before the wedding.

While we were there we went to Costco and spent way too much money on meat. But at least now  we dont have to buy it for a month or two.

Yesterday I worked on some wedding related crafts (I'm DIYing bouquets, corsages, bouts, and also was making our cake knife a little more 'us' than the cheap clear plastic handle). Ended up burning myself something awful with hot glue and now have a nice blister on the tip of my finger that's making typing rather difficult this morning.
  • Options

Lynda I hate that!!  I had F,S,S off and every single day my body woke up at 5:27am on the dot and wouldn't let me fall back asleep. I was so pissed. I mean my body normally wakes up early, but like 7 not 5:30!

It was good, went to the ocean one day which was beautiful. Drove by and stalked the house we are buying and the area since I'm not that familiar with it and found out there's a Greek restaurant, a sushi restaurant, and a Marshall's within 5 minutes!!! This is amazing to me because I've always lived in small towns where these were 25 minutes away.

• Options
    We found out we could see the fireworks from our condo hot tub.  It was rad.  Yesterday we got together with friends for our second round of planning for our Comic-Con strategy.  It starts Thursday, and we are so excited!  We met them at a new restaurant that makes chicken wings without breading, and with this amazing ghost pepper sauce.  They also make their own chips for nachos with pork belly on top.  So good.  I've also been writing thank you notes from my shower, and am now concerned my handwriting is too messy.

Lynda, I HATE that feeling of not being able to sleep! That happened a few times over the past week, it's awful.  Glad you got some rest finally!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay Mrs Klein!!  

Lynda, I've been doing the same thing sleep wise for the past week.  Not a huge deal, since I was on vacation, but I started school gain today so I kept yawning all through class.  There are 5 of us. I can't hide.  

Weekend was prep fro today - pre-reading, putting everything in a backpack, etc.

• Options
    Yay Mrs Klein!!  

Lynda, I've been doing the same thing sleep wise for the past week.  Not a huge deal, since I was on vacation, but I started school gain today so I kept yawning all through class.  There are 5 of us. I can't hide.  

Weekend was prep fro today - pre-reading, putting everything in a backpack, etc.
    isn't it the worse?   I want to be sleeping not doing math problems figuring out how much sleep I'm not going to get.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I do the same thing, Lynda, when I can't sleep. Laying there thinking about how much sleep I get if I fall asleep immediately does. not. help. 

I had a great weekend! My sister has a trailer in a vacation community on a lake in Indiana and I went there with her for the weekend. Saturday we went to the Rolling Stones concert at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I rode around the track in an Indy car too, which was freaking awesome. 

I could have used another weekend day.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    The only time I play golf is if it is between the temperatures of 65 and 85 degrees and not raining. Golf is stressful enough that one does not need to deal with crappy weather too.

My weekend was good, but not great.  Friday I spent all day getting our house ready for the party we were having on Saturday.  H strained his back at work the previous day so he really wasn't much help.  Then on Saturday a group of us went to a local bar to fulfill our 4th of July tradition of drinking as many orange crushes as we could.  It was a good time, but holy hell our server sucked so bad.  She was so slow and forgot a lot of our orders.  This place wasn't even remotely busy so she couldn't even use that as an excuse.  When it came time to pay our bill, well that was fun.  But we did succeed in drinking more orange crushes this year then we did the previous 2 years...30 total between 8 people.

After the bar everyone came back to our house.  I swear every time we have people over the thought of a party is more fun the the actual party.  I typically spend the whole time cleaning up after people.  And the funniest moment was we had bought two bags of ice.  I asked someone to dump the ice in the metal tub and put some beers in it.  Well they only used one bag.  The other bag they left inside on top of a rug.  I am not sure how long later I walked down stairs to see that the rug was soaked with water.  As I was grabbing the bag to take the half melted ice outside, someone said "oh I saw that and was wondering if it was leaking."  Um, why the hell did you just wonder and not actually check?  Why the hell would you leave the bag of ice inside?  What did you think was going to happen with the ice?  Did you think it would not melt?

Sunday I spent the day relaxing, reading and doing laundry and wishing that I could add another day to my weekend.

• Options
    We had a really low-key weekend, which was incredibly nice. FI and I both had F,S,S off, and we didn't expect him to have off Friday. We got barbecue Thursday night, got tacos Friday night, and we went to his uncle's on Saturday for the Fourth. They live on a large pond near the lake, and it was amazing once it got dark out. We could see fireworks all around the pond at like eight different locations. His aunt taught me how to do the polka, and his grandma played with my hair (I loveeeee when people play with my hair). I felt like a real member of the family, and I almost cried because his family is adorable.

Sunday was spent eating and watching the World Cup Final and not wanting to go back to work today.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    I'm so tired.    My body hurts.   It sucks getting old people.

I worked late on Saturday and then first thing Sunday morning.  It was one of those nights where you finally fall asleep, then wake up only to find out you were only asleep for 2 hours.  Then you watch the clock telling yourself  you have to up in 4 hours, then 3 hours and 2.5 hours.   Of course, you finally go to sleep and 2 hours later the stupid alarm goes off.

Sadly, not many people on the golf course.  Which made me even more tired because I was bored.   Then it rained.   I'm sitting out on the golf course in the rain (in a cart, but no sides) because there were still golfers.   What is with golfers playing the rain?   I just wanted to cry.

I did get a good night sleep last night, but still feeling a little tired.  DH is still sleeping right now.  I'm so jealous.

Come on over to Grand Junction and try out our hot tub!  Seriously!

Most of you young ladies won't identify with this, but my son telephoned us Saturday and talked for more than two hours.  I was very happy!
    Daughter SKYPed and reported that grandson pooped in the potty!  Yay!
    Wonderful weekend!

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Well, I enjoyed the fireworks in Hermann Park in Houston on Saturday night, but aside from that, the weekend was actually rather depressing.

My mom was recently diagnosed with melanoma and had surgery for lymph node removal, and unfortunately the hospital, MD Anderson Cancer Center, which is supposed to be one of the world's best, botched communication with her. Someone who gave only his first name called her to schedule a radiology appointment without her oncologist contacting her to let her know it was indicated. She was angry and scared, not to mention in a lot of pain. The painkillers she was taking knocked her out.

She had to recount the occurrence to every one of her friends as well as her sister over the weekend, and she did that while calling the sister to wish her a happy 50th anniversary (she was married on July 4, 1965).

I can't tell my mom to stop describing every test and procedure she has, because I guess it gives her some relief and I'd hate to deprive her of that, but it's very hard to listen to. Prior to this I was living with my parents in what was supposed to be a temporary arrangement, but she can't be left alone so I'm staying there to help my dad at nights and on weekends. In order to be there for her, I didn't go out much. They live near the park where the fireworks were so we got to see them without having to go out.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    @Jen4948 Honestly, most oncologists are too busy to telephone patients about scheduling appointments and treatments.  Radiation therapy is done with qualified technicians who follow the oncologist's instructions.  The  oncologist does not hold your hand while you are experiencing them. The treatments, themselves, are painless, but after they are over, many patients experience a sunburn type of pain and hair loss at the site.  I've been through it twice.
    It sounds like your Mom is an attention diva, and wants people to feel sorry for her.  Don't play that game.  The sooner she is up and getting on with her life, the better.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I spent my weekend scrubbing my apartment and everything in it. Thanks to @novella1186 for making me feel guilty with her "how often do you clean X,Y, and Z" thread! :)
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    I spent my weekend scrubbing my apartment and everything in it. Thanks to @novella1186 for making me feel guilty with her "how often do you clean X,Y, and Z" thread! :)
    I need to clean.   It's really true if you are home a lot your home tends to be cleaner.  (I work from home). I think because you see the dirt.  I worked all weekend, long days (outside of the house).  I couldn't give 2 shits there was dishes to be washed.  Today I was like... WTF our house is a mess.  

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    I need to clean.   It's really true if you are home a lot your home tends to be cleaner.  (I work from home). I think because you see the dirt.  I worked all weekend, long days.  I couldn't give 2 shits there was dishes to be washed.  Today I was like... WTF our house is a mess.  
    Yeah, and we've been home so little recently - this was our first weekend at home in almost 3 months (between pre-wedding prep, wedding, honeymoon, and some post-honeymoon family obligations). And to add to this I work late 2 nights a week and my H is out of town for business 3 days a week. This explains exactly how it can get so nasty. And oh yeah, we have two cats.
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    CMGragain said:

@Jen4948 Honestly, most oncologists are too busy to telephone patients about scheduling appointments and treatments.  Radiation therapy is done with qualified technicians who follow the oncologist's instructions.  The  oncologist does not hold your hand while you are experiencing them. The treatments, themselves, are painless, but after they are over, many patients experience a sunburn type of pain and hair loss at the site.  I've been through it twice.
    It sounds like your Mom is an attention diva, and wants people to feel sorry for her.  Don't play that game.  The sooner she is up and getting on with her life, the better.

I resent your characterizing my mother as an "attention diva" who is "playing a game" because she's normally anything but. What she is is terrified like fuck about a condition that could kill her and is making her intensely sick that she is just coming to terms with. You have a lot of fucking nerve suggesting that.
  • Options

My weekend starts tomorrow, so yay shift work.  I had a mini-day off today, though, because I worked a day yesterday and am working tonight.  We're going to go get groceries and then laze around the house.

And by laze around the house I mean clean like crazy people, because J's parents are coming this next weekend for a visit.  Which is wonderful, because they're amazing and I love them and they haven't been to visit us yet - but MIL is a housekeeper for a living, and their house is always spotless... so I have some DIL guilt for my dust.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    CMGragain said:
    Wow, CM. Are you serious with the bolded? That was way out of line. Insulting someones mother-- wait-- insulting someone's mother who has cancer??? You don't even know this woman. 

A lot of people cope with things by talking it out. Sounds to me like that's what she was doing, and she's entitled to cope with her treatment however she sees fit. If she wants to talk to family and friends about it, she can. That doesn't mean she's playing games or trying to get attention or being a "diva." 

Don't say shit like that. Not cool. 

ETA you've posted here about your own illness and treatment many times, and I never saw that as you being a diva. I saw it as you wanting to share a tough experience in order to have support and deal with what you were going through. Why is it ok for you to talk about it, but not for Jen's mom to talk about it? 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I do the same thing, Lynda, when I can't sleep. Laying there thinking about how much sleep I get if I fall asleep immediately does. not. help. 

I had a great weekend! My sister has a trailer in a vacation community on a lake in Indiana and I went there with her for the weekend. Saturday we went to the Rolling Stones concert at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I rode around the track in an Indy car too, which was freaking awesome. 

Did you like the concert/venue? I live in Indy and saw some complaints although I think it was more about crowds and the venue and not the Stones
  • Options
    kvruns said:

Did you like the concert/venue? I live in Indy and saw some complaints although I think it was more about crowds and the venue and not the Stones
    Eh, I mean, I'm not a general admission fan (especially with 50,000 ish people and NO seats) so that was lame, but the Stones, as always, put on a great show. The sound was okay, but again, it's a speedway. It's not built for great sound. I think they could have planned the space better but it was good.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards