Nevada-Las Vegas

Noise in the Forum Shops during reception???

I am looking to have my reception either at Trevi or Border Grill.  Just wondering if anyone has had their reception there and heard any noise coming from the mall?  I plan to have a 5:30pm reception.  I understand that at Trevi, because it overlooks the fountain, and that is a popular place for people to visit, there will be noise, but just curious.  Also, did anyone mind having to walk through the mall to get to the restaurants?

Thanks!

Re: Noise in the Forum Shops during reception???

• When is your wedding? I'm having my reception at Trevi next month and I will be sure to post about the noise. I've never been so I can't speak firsthand just yet.
  • My wedding is 11/13/15.  Are you set up to be seated where you have the view of the fountain?  Unfortunately my reception is set to start at 5:30pm and there is another group there at 7pm, so I was told that I could do a cocktail reception from 5;30-6:30 where I could get the view, then for dinner we'd be moved to another part of the room (by the mural for instance).  Are you planning on doing any dancing there??
  • edited July 2015
    I have the entire space so yes, we will have the views of the fountain. In your case I think the cocktail hour would be a great time to have the view. Just curious, did the 7pm group request the fountain view first? ...yes we will have dancing. About 60 guests.
  • The other group booked it before we did.  Its a group of doctors evidently.  I don't mind having the cocktail hr there, but wasn't sure if it would be a pain for the guests to move to the other area or not, and the fact that it is "semi" private...I don't want our group to get too loud or bothersome to the other group.  And, I was told that we could do our "first dances" but that was all for dancing...  How are you setting up for dancing?  Will you be the only group up there? Thanks for responding by the way :-)  

• Is Trevi open to the fountain or is there a window?  The fountain is very noisy, so I wouldn't expect people noise to be an issue as it will drown them out; you'll just hear the fountain in the background most likely.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Well, they place you in the mezzanine area (upstairs) so its just a window.  Are you having a DJ or just playing an ipod?  Are you the only group that you know of at that time??
  • edited July 2015
    There are openings along one side of the event space. No formal windows by the fountains got what I can see in pics and my floor plan.
  • Got ya!  Well, I will be interested to hear what you have to say next month.  Congrats and best wishes!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards