Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon Help-Where to go?!

My fiancé and I were looking at booking with Sandals but we think now they maybe out of our budget we want to stay at $3,000. So, now we are starting over with ideas. I am trying to stay open to any ideas but the more I read about cruises the less I think they are right for us. We are both quiet and like being alone however, I would like to relax on the beach and he would rather be doing an activity. Any ideas? I'd like to stay with the all-inclusive resorts, are there any others that are good and less expensive than Sandals? Thank you!

Re: Honeymoon Help-Where to go?!

• Options

Where are you leaving from and what time of year? How long do you want to be away?

I have been to many AI resorts and one that sticks out as affordable is the Couples chain in Jamaica. Couples Sans Souci and Couples Tower Isle tend to be a little more affordable than Couples Neril or Swept Away. The beach is nicer in Negril, so they charge more for that!

I'd also check out Secrets. They have properties in Jamaica, Dominican, and all over Mexico, plus depending on when you are going, they are opening ones in Costa Rica and Panama! 

• Options
    We are located in the Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky area so we have a couple options for flights, Louisville, Lexington, Dayton, (the Northern Kentucky airport is more expensive than these other options so we are going to travel to the airport with the cheapest flights.) We are getting Married March 18, 2016.
  • Options
    you'll be right smack in the middle of Spring Break and Easter (March 27). So, finding cheaper flights might be hard. If you see something sooner rather than later, and you are okay with the price, book them! Check out Apple Vacations or an agency that uses Apple. They offer charter flights that might reduce the cost.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards