Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Do the dad's have to coordinate?

So my father just decided that he will walk me down the aisle. That being said, when I asked him if he wanted me to let our tux rental place know that there is one more person, he said he didn't want a tux and would wear the suit he has. I am cool with this but aesthetically and traditionally, do the father's have to wear anything similar to each other?

Also, FFIL is renting the same style tux as the GM and my gandpas (who doesn't own anything other than farm overalls). Is this uncouth? 

Re: Do the dad's have to coordinate?

• Options
    So my father just decided that he will walk me down the aisle. That being said, when I asked him if he wanted me to let our tux rental place know that there is one more person, he said he didn't want a tux and would wear the suit he has. I am cool with this but aesthetically and traditionally, do the father's have to wear anything similar to each other?

Also, FFIL is renting the same style tux as the GM and my gandpas (who doesn't own anything other than farm overalls). Is this uncouth? 
    No to both of your questions.  The fathers can wear whatever they want. 

• Options
    Fathers, unless they are members of the wedding party, can wear whatever they want.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    A dark suit is fine for FOB and FOG.  A pair of clown pants is not.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Nope! Let dad's wear whatever they choose. My own dad chose a black suit.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Dads do not have to coordinate. If FFIL wants to that's fine but there's no need for your dad to wear a tux.
    He will look great in a suit.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

Nope. 

For my sister's wedding, the groom/smen, bridesmaids, MOB and MOG were all in shades of beige/champagne/taupe.  BIL's dad was in black, and my dad was in his red dress uniform.  For our wedding, Dad was in red again, and all the guys in the party (including my FIL) were in black.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    They will be fine. The only reason that both my dad and my FIL wore tuxes was because that is what the mom's wanted. They loved the idea of seeing their men in tuxes (my dad actually owned one already). I get your grandpas renting a tux if they don't own suits & wouldn't have a use for them afterwards. You can always get your dad a special tie for the day in your wedding colors too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards