Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Shower hostess gifts?

My shower is this Sunday. My MOH, one of the BM, and my mom did most of the work but the other BMs are helping too. Is it pepper to give any gifts as a token of my appreciation? If yes, what do I give and when do I give it ( at the shower, after it is over, days later)? Any ideas on what to give? Should the 3 who helped more get more? I want to thank everyone but I don't want to end up broke, either. Obviously, I will send out nice thank you cards either way. Thanks!

Re: Shower hostess gifts?

• Options
    You know... I'm not sure if it's proper to give a gift, as I've cohosted a number of these as a MOH or bridesmaid and never received a gift explicitly for hosting the shower. (Just a gift at the wedding as a thanks-for-being-in-the-bridal-party thing.) 

I'd be happy with a heartfelt thank-you card for hosting a shower, personally. 

• Options
    Thank you! I had never heard of it before or gotten one myself but read it was the right thing to do. Thanks again!
  • Options
    My shower is this Sunday. My MOH, one of the BM, and my mom did most of the work but the other BMs are helping too. Is it pepper to give any gifts as a token of my appreciation? If yes, what do I give and when do I give it ( at the shower, after it is over, days later)? Any ideas on what to give? Should the 3 who helped more get more? I want to thank everyone but I don't want to end up broke, either. Obviously, I will send out nice thank you cards either way. Thanks!
    I have the same situation - most of the work is being done by my MOH, one BM and my mom, but my 3 other BMs and my FMIL are also helping.  Not sure what I'm going to get for them yet, but I'd like to get something small to show my appreciation.  Maybe a bottle of wine for everyone and a heartfelt note.

When I was MOH in my MOH's wedding, she sent all of us flowers and a card shortly after the shower to say thank you.  It was such a nice gift to find on my doorstep after coming home from work one day.  I don't think gifts are required as long as you are writing nice notes, but they are a nice touch if within your budget.

• Options
    That was my thought! Something small and a nice note.. I might get them all something little and personal. It would mean a lot to me if someone did that for me, although I would never expect it! Thank you
  • Options
    If it helps, I hosted a shower for my friend years ago, I honestly wasn't expecting a gift, I did it because I love to plan parties. She knew I loved tea but didn't have a loose leaf teapot so she bought me small, elegant teapot designed to brew loose leaf tea as a thank you. She pulled me aside and gave it to me discretely.

I was really touched. I think something simple and personal is a great idea, you also can never go wrong with a box of fancy chocolates.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards