Moms and Maids

How young is too young to be MOH?

Is there a minimum age on MOH? I know there isn't on bridesmaids, but what about MOH? I've already asked my MOH, so it's not really for me, but I'm just curious after reading some posts regarding bridesmaids.

Re: How young is too young to be MOH?

• No, there isn't a minimum age.  If someone is old enough to be a bridesmaid, they're old enough to be MOH.
  • A MOH and BM are basically the same thing.  So no, there is no minimum age requirement.

• No minimum age.

That said, I believe witnesses need to be of legal age.  So if the plan is to use the MOH as a witness  also, then they would have to be 18 and over.    Not every place needs a witness.  Not places needs 2, so there are ways around that by using other people as witnesses.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • My niece was 11 and co-MOH with me at my sister's wedding.  Obviously, my niece could not sign the marriage license (it's over 18 in NJ) but she was still an MOH.
  • edited July 2015
    I'm contemplating asking my 9 year old goddaughter to be my MOH.  As long as they can walk down the aisle without assistance (like a stroller or being carried), I think they're old enough.  Have a mature 5 year old?  Fine.
  • My friend had her sister, who was 14, be her MOH. Massachusetts doesn't have witnesses sign the marriage license so that wasn't a problem. And even if it did need a witness, it doesn't have to be the MOH. Any legal adult can sign.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards