Wedding 911
Options

Photobooth in seperate room - party killer?

Hi there

You have been amazing before, when I had a small "panic" situation. So I hope you can help again. 

The issue is that I'm not sure where to put the photobooth, and now I'm in doubt that if its even space for it. I know, a trivial question, but all  "floor planning" is driving me crazy. 

The first picture is the party venue. Under half of the space will be dance floor and over hald will be table setting. 

The second picure is an adjacent room, which I didnt intend to use. Maybe as a wardrobe/gifts/etc. 

So, it seems that it will be difficult to have a boto booth in the main room. Should I have the photo booth in the adjacent room, upstairs in the main room (the space above the brown panels) or remove it.... I was hoping to make the upstairs to a lounge area. 

What to do. I really hope for some help. Its not possible to find another venue :)

Re: Photobooth in seperate room - party killer?

• Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    If you can fit it in the main room or upstairs i'd do that.  I feel like photobooths are heavy though, so it might be tough to get it upstairs.  I would not put it in the other room if you aren't intending to use it for anything else.  I feel like people wouldn't use it, and you'd be wasting your money.
  • Options
    Two options I can see:
    1. put it where PP suggested, I agree that a photobooth tucked way out of the way wouldn't get used and you would have wasted your money
    2. scrap the photobooth idea and put the money twoards something else. 
  • Options

I agree with the PPs - DH and I recently attended a wedding that had a photo booth - but it was in a completely separate area from the reception. As a result, not a lot of people used it.

Do you have the whole venue booked for your wedding, or just one portion leaving remaining areas of the venue open to the public/other events? If you have the whole venue reserved for your wedding, I would suggest looking for a space that is not in the main room, but is in a space that your guests will walk by more than once - for example in a hall near the restrooms, or in a hallway/other room directly adjacent to (but not upstairs or downstairs from) your main room. That way, your photobooth would not require a separate trip for your guests.

Otherwise, I would recommend spending the money you would have spent on the photobooth and putting it towards booze or something else.

• Options
    ^Excellent idea! We have the whole area, and there is a big pass between the venue and restroom!

If that is not possible, then I might scrap it. I'm so glad to hear that I shouldnt waste money/time on setting a whole photobooth if its in the adjacent room! :)
  • Options
    and a big thanks for the replies! 
  • Options
    OP, even though you've probably made your decision, and my two cents are a bit late, I'll just throw this out there:

I was out with one of my bridesmaids yesterday, who was married last month. She had a Photo Booth in a separate room. She told me this: "If you decide to get a photo booth, DO NOT put it in a separate room!" She said it really killed the dance floor….everyone was so obsessed with playing in the Photo Booth that virtually no one was dancing, which really bummed her out. She wished she had put it in the same room.

I, personally, am not a fan of photo booths. I feel they have come and gone, and I would rather put my money towards something else. And I would rather have people dancing rather than being distracted by a photo booth, so we're not having one. But that's just my preference.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards