Chit Chat

Semi Spin-Off: Blow Dryers

The hot rollers thread inspired me to ask you guys about blow dryers. 

My $25 con-air is on its death bed and I'm trying to decide if those expensive fancy ones are worth it. Anyone have any recommendations or experiences? What is the difference between the hot air coming out of a $25 one compared to the $150 ones?

If it matters, my hair is long and straight and I never style it - just a wash and a blow dry. I usually don't even brush it after. I don't dye it and healthy hair is important to me so I don't want to dry the shit out of it.
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Semi Spin-Off: Blow Dryers

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    My husband gave me this for Christmas last year.  I thought it was an odd gift.  Mostly because there was nothing wrong with my cheap Revlon hair dryer.  For the most part only dry my hair 1-2 times a week this time of year.  In the winter more often.

I was told to be careful because it's so powerful it could burn my hair.   I have to say I was a little scared.   

Well, I have to say, it really did make a difference.  It dries very well, makes my hair look smoother.    

ETA - I'm not one to really style my hair either.   I do not even own a curling iron, flat iron or hot rollors. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I actually have the same brand hair dryer as @lyndausvi.... I love it. It just seems to work better than my old cheapo conair one.
  • BouxRadleyBouxRadley member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    I have a Chi and I've had it so long the only major difference I remember was that it seems to dry quicker and my hair looks healthier. 

eta: it also has different temp settings so I don't absolutely fry my hair since I blow dry almost every day. 

• I have the Super Solano xtralite 3300.

http://www.allure.com/beauty-products/hair/blow-dryer/2012/solano-3300-xtralite-dryer

Like you, I was skeptical until my old cheapo Conair died in the winter. I have wavy hair and a lot of it, so I have to blowdry often - otherwise my hair either takes hours to air dry, or looks like I was sticking my fingers into electrical outlets (unless the humidity level is just right - which is rare).

I am hooked. I love it. Like other PPs have mentioned, the "investment dryers" really do dry faster and make your hair look healthier. This hairdryer is great for wavy hair too because I swear it does something magical on super humid days - my hair is always sleek!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards