Chit Chat

car scratch repair

I was being stupid and lifted a table I found on the side of the road into my car by myself. In the process I scratched my car pretty deep. I don't really care about the appearance, but I do care about rust.

I've Googled and gotten pretty mixed info. Anyone have any experience in this arena?

I'd rather not pay $100 or more to have it fixed. I just want to prevent rust...it's an 98 and probably isn't going to last much more than a year or two to be honest.

I'm super mad at myself. The table was totally not worth scratching the car :(
:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

Re: car scratch repair

• Most auto body shops give free estimates. I would just take it in and explain that you don't want a true paint repair, just something to keep it from rusting. They might be able to slap some kind of something on there for $50 or less, depending on how big the scratch is.
  • How big is the scratch?

If it isn't too big, you could just cover it with touch-up paint you buy at Advanced Auto or somewhere. It won't look the best but will cover the exposed metal and prevent rust.

• depending how big of a scratch it is they make scratch repair solvents that you can buff out yourself.  Meguire's is a good brand-- I just do not know know exactly what formula you would need, but an auto parts store should be able to help you. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards