Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Gifts for Parents

My parents are hosting about 85% of the wedding.  My FILs are paying for the rehearsal dinner and the bar, and my fiancee and I are paying for a little bit too.  I'm wondering, what are good gifts to get the parents?

I already know we're going to get my parents a signed copy of Jerry Riopelle's Anothology Album (they're big fans)- and something else too.  I'm jut not sure what.  

We also have no idea what to get his parents.  

What are you ladies doing for parent gifts, if you are doing them?

Re: Gifts for Parents

• Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought Kodak Pulse digital photo frames for our parents. The cool thing about the Pulse is that you can update it remotely, via the Kodak website. This means we can beam our wedding pictures to our parents as soon as we get them. I also pre-loaded them both with our engagement pics.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting both sets of parents an album.  I also got my dad a pen made out of a used bullet casing (he collects pens and guns) and my mom a vase and some table runners from the Caribbean (we honeymooned there).
  • Options
    tarynmichelletarynmichelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got each parent a custom hanky from HeatherStrickland on Etsy! She is great and was able to get them done and sent to me soo quickly. We also got both sets of parents a photo box from Things Remembered with our names and wedding date engraved on it that they can use to put any wedding keepsakes in! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are more than likely doing parent albums.  Not really anything the day of, but our parents aren't paying anything for any part of the wedding either. 
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_gifts-parents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:56c39e13-c57f-427b-9fd0-556f85303eddPost:4900acb8-f606-4c7a-b5e0-7ec570768cda">Re: Gifts for Parents</a>:
    [QUOTE]We bought Kodak Pulse digital photo frames for our parents. The cool thing about the Pulse is that you can update it remotely, via the Kodak website. This means we can beam our wedding pictures to our parents as soon as we get them. I also pre-loaded them both with our engagement pics.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]
    That is awesome!  We were also going to get digital frames.  Now I guess we'll get that type!
    Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
  • Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought tours for our parents to view and explore the hoover dam. Our wedding is in Vegas. But, plan to purchase show tickets for FI's grandparents and my stepfather .
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We were going to get my parents this gorgeous wine rack, but they don't really have a place to put it, so I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards