New Jersey

Bridesmaid Dresses

I've found several dresses by Bill Levkoff and Alfred Angelo which I'd love for my BMs to try on but am finding the markups to be significant in the few boutique stores I've browsed. (I've already asked all of the girls for their budgets, preferences, etc.) I've also looked at David's Bridal and wasn't impressed with their selection (nor the quality for the price). I'm torn on finding a dress from a department store given I am VERY nervous that two of my BMs will drag their feet on ordering and the dresses will be out of stock or discontinued by the time they get around to it. Can anyone suggest a store/boutique in Jersey that they had luck with finding bridesmaid dresses that were not ridiculously priced and had great service? 

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth! Alterations are included in the price and they have been amazing to work with!
  • My girls got Bill Levkoff dresses from Hollywood Bridal and the price of the dress includes alterations so that helps out a lot.  And like Jenn7778 said they are amzing to work with.
  • Mine got Jim Hjelm and they were very reasonably priced.
  • I'm definitely going to head to Hollywood Bridals to check them out - thank you ladies! One question - any issues with the alterations? I'm very weary of using in-house store seamstresses due to lots of horror stories of alterations done wrong and ruining the dresses. I have my own seamstress I've used for 8+ years (and she has done my own BM dresses before) so I'm curious if it might be worth it to have my girls use Hollywood Bridals' instead...
  • I have been in 3 weddings...and all the dresses came from Hollywood bridal...they are on point and have never heard of them ruining a dress.  The lady there (I believe her name is Maria) is amazing and knows how to really alter clothes.
  • That is so helpful (and a relief), thank you @Jeannine12 !!
  • I got my Bill Levkoff dresses from East West Bridal in Secaucus, NJ. The staff is very knowledgable and helpful. There is a flat rate for all alterations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards